• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Trolling, long history of previous infractions for similar behavior
My girlfriend & I were shopping at Charlotte Russe in the mall. Not a huge fan, but they're having a huge Going Out of Business sale, so we were checking it out.

She grabbed some new clothes & headed to the back of the store to enter the dressing room. I stay in the main area of the store and sit on a little seat meant for people trying on shoes.

A few minutes go by & she texts me to come check out the new outfit she's trying on.

So I walk to the back of the store where the dressing room is. I meet up with my girlfriend while she's looking at herself in the main mirror in the hallway of dressing room doors.

As soon as I reach the mirror where my GF is, I am yelled at by some lady???

She looks like a manager. Then She says something like "You can't be back here! I have girls back here so you can't be here!"

I was appalled! I said to her somewhat passively agreesively "Oh that's pretty sexist?" As I walked towards her.

She doesn't look at me, shakes her head, and says "I don't care" in a bitchy attitude and waves for me to follow her & for her to walk me out of the store.

I didn't want to cause a scene because I just wasn't in the mood, so I just walked out.

What the fuck?
The stores going out of business so I didn't even want to bother with complaining to anyone higher up or whatever.

Am I crazy?
I've been dating my GF for 7 years and I've never had this issue with dressing rooms.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
...You weren't kicked out, dude. You left on your own...
This should have been as simple as explaining what was going on. Did your girlfriend have any comment on this once she found out?

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
I was appalled! I said to her somewhat passively agreesively "Oh that's pretty sexist?" As I walked towards her.
Are you sure you didn't simply go in the girls' dressing room? I know places in America have separate dressing rooms for men and women, and I accidentally did the same thing once, and got yelled at.

edit: nevermind, I probably don't remember right, it's been a long time lol

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
I would say complain to management but they're having a going out of business sale for a reason.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This has happened to me twice.

But in both instances it was by and large very much a women's only clothing store (not like a Dillard's or something) and I can see why they may not like a guy wandering around a changing area.

Oct 27, 2017
So you went into the ladies dressing room, a store employee called you out, and then you walked out of the store?
Why are you telling us this?

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Just tell her your girl called you back there, then have your girl back you up, is life so hard.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
It's a women's only store, you are in the dressing room area where you aren't supposed to be...

... how is this so confusing?

Zoc

Oct 27, 2017
The dressing room of a women's only clothes store? WTF, no you can't go in there

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Your girlfriend probably wasn't the only woman in the dressing rooms. Other women might not have been comfortable with you there; that store only sells women's clothes. It's not that hard to understand. Just tell the salesperson what's going on and see if they mind or not. If there are no other women trying on clothes at the time, they'd probably be ok with it.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Why did they say that? Wasn't it obvious you came to give an opinion on your GF clothes and vice versa of course. It happens all the time here in Belgium.
This is weird. Did you say that you were there with your GF?
Why even come up with the sexist thing?

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
People are acting like he walked into the literal room where people are dressing. It's the hallway with the doors where he was meeting his girlfriend.

Oct 29, 2017
It's a reasonable expectation, not sexist, that there won't be men wandering through the women's changing area. If you had a valid reason to be in there you probably should have just said that.

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did they say that? Wasn't it obvious you came to give an opinion on your GF clothes and vice versa of course. It happens all the time here in Belgium.
This is weird. Did you say that you were there with your GF?
Why even come up with the sexist thing?

I was talking to my girlfriend, it's pretty clear I wasn't a Peeping Tom.

And I was being kicked out because I was a male.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
op gets chastised out of a women's store for going into the dressing room area where other women, not just his girlfriend, are undressing and trying on clothing. And he's upset by this?

Even if you are not a pervert, you do see the folly in going into an area for women to undress was a mistake right? Even if you were being a gentlemen and going to your girlfriend? You see how a lone man going to a dressing area looks to the manager of a women's clothing store? Right?

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
OP, that store is for women. Mostly teenagers. I'm pretty sure they don't sell men's clothing.

So yeah, she was prob weirded out you just went to the dressing room without asking staff. Sorry but the manager was doing her job.

If it makes you feel any better, they're going out of business.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
A dressing room. Does that mean you have separate rooms to change the clothes per woman? and when you are changed you come out and you can show the clothes to someone? Or is it different in America?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Why would you defensively respond the way you did like she was completely out of line rather than explain to her that you were walking to the back because you are there with your girlfriend and she wanted your opinion?

It's a woman's clothing store, is it not?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
People are acting like he walked into the literal room where people are dressing. It's the hallway with the doors where he was meeting his girlfriend.
Eh, if it's a women's clothing store they most likely have a hard and fast rule for employees to make sure to no one besides the people carrying clothes go back there. It being a women's clothing store cements that pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.