• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I just chalk it up to an ad revenue. YouTube needs cash (they've never been profitable as far as I have known), and whoever wants to pony up the dough they'll take it from anyone.

Honestly I'm just glad I don't have to see anymore VOTE FOR ME ads I was so sick of seeing them.
I'm really fortunate that I live in a district that was never really in question, so I didn't see nearly as many election ads as I could have.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"Watch Jordan Peterson calmly DESTROY this feminist" is constantly in my recommendations on YouTube and it fucking sucks

OP
OP
Nintenleo

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Youtube is a fascist breeding ground pretty much
The problem of extremism is a big deal with most of the "social" web. For example if you have the insane idea of a flat Earth and watch a video about it, Youtube will put you through clips and clips of stuff that will justify your idea (or any ideas actually). The "free" web has brought us to an era where the big digital sources of knowledge, information and entertainment instead of promoting the discussion about different opinions, they just feed you with stuff you like because of views/clicks/ads (money) purposes.

This is basically the "bubble reality" explained also by Obama in a interview with Letterman some months ago.