• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like, it'd be nice if it flagged companies for shit like palm-oil, monopolizing natural springs, buying Facebook ads that support Trump, and other shit like that.

Like: Avoid this brand, support this brand. A register of some kind.

Hell, turn it into a phone app, let people scan the brand label, and it rates how progressive supporting the brand is.

Would let people make more informed purchases, if their personal politics would affect who they want to support.

Could extend this into other products too.....anything really.

Just an idea I had. Maybe it already exists.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, political brownie points are one thing but if they treat their workers like shit does it matter if they have supposedly "virtuous" views?

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
wi1QIgG_d.jpg

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP, I'm sure you know that by now, I'm on the

FUCK CHINA FREE HONG KONG

train, but there is literally ZERO way for me to boycott products made in China because everything is made in fuckin China.

You have to pick and choose what you can and can't boycott.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Like, it'd be nice if it flagged companies for shit like palm-oil, monopolizing natural springs, buying Facebook ads that support Trump, and other shit like that.

Like: Avoid this brand, support this brand. A register of some kind.

Hell, turn it into a phone app, let people scan the brand label, and it rates how progressive supporting the brand is.

Would let people make more informed purchases, if their personal politics would affect who they want to support.

Could extend this into other products too.....anything really.

Just an idea I had. Maybe it already exists.

There is a website/app that shows you what party companies and senior executives donate to.

It's called goods unite us.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Avoid sugar and fruit then. Pepsi lobbied the military to go HAM in Latin America and I don't think Dole is a native Latino name either.

Moon Moon

Oct 27, 2017
Buycott. Filters that let you pick your battles, and scan product codes in store to see who's really making them.

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
In a capitalist society it's impossible to boycott everything based on ethics and live a normal life. But whatever causes you care most about, you could start there.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
you are welcome to live in the wilderness of the land making your own clothes and growing yer own food. Because thats the only way to completly avoid this but hell even then there might be something.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Temperate climate it isn't actually as hard as you think at least in the US. Cheap land and you don't really need much to grow a fuck ton of food and raise chickens and goats. Harder part is clothing and such and then energy. Most places you are not allowed to be off the grid but with panels or turbines even hooked up to the grid it's not the end of the world. You actually can effectively barter for most things you need as well. But yeah the catch 22 here is not everyone can pursue this lifestyle. You need capital (And suitable land) to start it in the first place. And yeah it is a lot of work but basically you are replacing typical work for farming work. 40 hours a week in the dirt does quite a lot. I'm really only going off of my family in Sd and also myself growing a fuck ton of tomatoes, squash, corn, carrots, apples, ra dish, carrots, and a chicken coup in my backyard in Minneapolis. If I had a bigger plot especially if it had some woods with deer I think I could largely do it. Especially if I was dedicated to it. Here I work full time and yet I produce hundred of pounds of produce and eggs.

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I stopped using Amazon. And Facebook. No more of that delicious Sabra hummus..etc .It's your money op. U make the choice because you don't want to contribute. Not because it's going to save the world or some how reverse the world economy.

Why recycle? the planet is doomed anyway...is a weird response gang.