• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4765141?

A Stoney Creek man has been charged with threatening death after a heated confrontation in a Walmart parking lot that police are also reviewing as a possible hate crime.

The 47-year-old has also been charged with dangerous driving and failing to remain at the scene of an accident in connection with the Friday afternoon incident.

The argument started after the couple tried to back into a parking spot and apparently got in the other man's way, according to Laszczuk, who said his coworker's wife started recording once the situation escalated.

The video appears to begin after whatever sparked the disagreement. It shows one man closing the door to his silver pickup while the other shakes his finger and asks him what kind of example he thinks he's setting.

At one point, the person holding the camera appears to get hit by the truck as the man quickly accelerates then hits the brakes.

"Oops," he can be heard saying, before shouting "Get out of the way."

At that point the other man reaches out and briefly grabs his arm.

"You put your f--king hands on me I will break your leg," says the man in the truck. "You're the one trying to harass me."

The other man walks alongside the truck as it slowly drives away and says "You want me to go to my own country? I'm a Canadian citizen."

The man in the truck responds by saying "Show me. Prove it. I don't believe you." Then, he crudely attempts to copy the other man's accent saying "You don't talk like a Canadian."

"I'm racist as f--k. I don't like you, I don't like her," he adds. "I would kill your children first."

Having done my undergrad in Hamilton, this doesn't really surprise me. Lot of racist incidents happening in Ontario recently. Or at least getting reported now.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Blatant and violent AF. They wear their bigotry proudly now.

Hope the victims are recovering well after that shit.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Small town/city Ontario is full of fucking white trash rednecks with zero world perspective and a lot of hostility towards anything different. I should know as I'm from Windsor.

This doesn't surprise me coming from a shithole like Hamilton. Fuck these people.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Either because of phone cameras we are seeing this more and more in Canada or Trump and his ilk is bringing these people out of the woodwork. I mean as a visible minority in GTA, I haven't experienced anything like this in 22 years here but maybe my luck will run out anydays now. The fact the other idiot shouted "my province" instead of the usual my country tells me Ford is having an affect here

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Either because of phone cameras we are seeing this more and more in Canada or Trump and his ilk is bringing these people out of the woodwork. I mean as a visible minority in GTA, I haven't experienced anything like this in 22 years here but maybe my luck will run out anydays now. The fact the other idiot shouted "my province" instead of the usual my country tells me Ford is having an affect here
nah as a minority that lived in small towns before settling in Toronto, its always been like this

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I dont even have kids but "I would kill your children" is one of the few phrases a person could say that would grant them an automatic beating.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
WHY THE FOOK ARE PEOPLE LIKE THESE LIVING IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO IF THEY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SOUTH-ASIAN PEOPLE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THESE UNIVERSITY CITIES ARE DOMINATED WITH IMMIGRANTS BRUVVV GET OVER YOUR SHIT.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's chilling how blatant and out of control the racist man is.

Also, "possible" hate crime, give me a break. His language makes his intentions crystal clear.

Oct 27, 2017
The Doug Ford comments are always ridiculous because he literally WON thanks to the votes of socially conservative immigrants. Lotta brown folk voted for him.

I grew up in small town Ontario, this is not surprising to see at all. People outside Toronto are racist as fuck and dumb as rocks. We're not that much different than our southern pals, despite how hard we try to convince ourselves otherwise.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
And he's in a university town, you know McMaster....the one known for ALOT of international students....the one down the street from Colombia international college. Smh

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this clown.

Stay strong and vigillent my fellow Canucks.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I already despise racists but when bigots dehumanize children, I get so livid I almost want to cry. I wouldn't have let that guy go peacefully if he threatened kids like that. Sick cowardly fuck

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Small town/city Ontario is full of fucking white trash rednecks with zero world perspective and a lot of hostility towards anything different. I should know as I'm from Windsor.

This doesn't surprise me coming from a shithole like Hamilton. Fuck these people.

Well, I mean if the hate crimes are also happening in Toronto these days, doesn't seem like the size of the city matters much. You know it's bad when even people in Toronto are being told "Speak English, you're in Canada now," or having people ask if their child can be treated by a white doctor instead. Unless you're saying that you consider Toronto to also be a small town/city. I got hollered at with a stereotypical Indian "whoo, whoo" from some Frat boys on Spadina, and Bloor, and I'm not even First Nations, I'm Asian. And now a white supremacist is running for Mayor in Toronto.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I mean if the hate crimes are also happening in Toronto these days, doesn't seem like the size of the city matters much. You know it's bad when even people in Toronto are being told "Speak English, you're in Canada now," or having people ask if their child can be treated by a white doctor instead. Unless you're saying that you consider Toronto to also be a small town/city. I got hollered at with a stereotypical Indian "whoo, whoo" from some Frat boys on Spadina, and Bloor, and I'm not even First Nations, I'm Asian. And now a white supremacist is running for Mayor in Toronto.
What do you mean 'these days'? Racism in Toronto always existed. Ride the TTC enough times and you'll always hear/see something.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
But remember folks, we need to be civil and police our tone because otherwise it is 'both sides'.

As a non-white Canadian originally from Ontario, if someone would have said those things to me, I would likely get into physical confrontation with this racist cunt. If you do not push back against bullies they will never learn.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have also lived in Canada for 20+ years and I have also encountered some racism here and there. Worst was probably in Orillia, where these evil drug addict high school kids started picking on me in the bus. But honestly, when I see a video like this, the best thing sometimes is to simply walk away. At one point, the racist guy almost drives over his wife...I wouldn't have let the situation escalate to that point. Just walk away. Fuck it

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
But remember folks, we need to be civil and police our tone because otherwise it is 'both sides'.

As a non-white Canadian originally from Ontario, if someone would have said those things to me, I would likely get into physical confrontation with this racist cunt. If you do not push back against bullies they will never learn.

This is pretty much the long and short answer to the question of what to do about racism. Places like the US and Canada often fail to directly address the white supremacy that led to their creation. In the case of the US, without any broad effort to reverse course on centuries of dehumanization and oppression, racism was allowed to continue to fester within the country. The US hoped to move past such trauma and expect things to be fixed. It's because of that that today, racism still breeds and sadly is way too often treated with kid gloves. Racism should be abhorrent to the point where people like this need to be afraid to act this way. No coddling, no excuses (economic anxiety etc.)

Oct 25, 2017

It depends. In this instance where the incident was put on video, the brown couple come out looking really good by keeping it relatively civil.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Why the fuck do they blur out the plate and the face.

Expose this fucking coward.