• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Uh, the creative directorship company is dropping out of one of the largest gaming trade shows of the year 3 months before the show itself? E3 is in some deep trouble.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why, but when I read the 'We wish the organizers the best of luck' this image came into my head

MessyComplicatedDavidstiger-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
honestly just cancel it at this point
If they cancel it then E3 is dead once all the big publishers who still do press conferences realize how much more sense the Direct format makes

The ESA will keep on trucking up until the last moment when it becomes irresponsible to hold the conference

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Whether this is just iam8bit realising they couldn't field a potential biohazard (8) convention and were out of their depth this year, it really does seem like there is some GIGA-SHIT going down with the ESA at the moment. I want the full goss, and I want it yesterday.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
GameIndustry.biz said:
In a series of slides called "The Power of Social Good," The ESA suggests exploiting Millennial and Generation Z propensity for giving back. "By amplifying E3's social good brand, we can advance the industry's brand with consumers while storing positive chits for future use," the slide says.
-GameIndustry.biz
Oh no... Without E3, how else am I going to store my Positive Chits???

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Once companies all do their own Direct style presentations and see how much cheaper and less stressful it is than being at/preparing for E3 they'll never go back.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Good opportunity to cancel e3 and spin it as safety concerns for the visitors. Goodwill points!

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Crazy how e3 went from biggest games show ever to damn near dead in under 2 years.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Ah.

This totally tracks with Keighley pulling out in abject disgust at what the ESA was doing.

Coronavirus or no, E3 is so incredibly, undeniably dead.

Dec 31, 2017
It sucks as I think there is still space for an event where people get to go in person, feel the hype, try new games, etc.

I guess PAX somewhat fills that void now.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
given how mismanaged and delayed iam8bit seems to be on everything they do, I was wondering how they'd pull this together with an exact date to hit.

turns out, not so much