• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

Cities: Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York and San Francisco.

Last edited:

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Ugh, leave the children alone and target criminals please. And not just foreign criminals but home grown ones who abuse desperate peoples lives and labor.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I do not want to have children in this shit hole country. Absolutely despicable.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
This is a reboot of the gestapo hunting down Jewish families during WWII

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the article it seems like a bureaucrate thing they are turning into raids.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry y'all. The reports and rhetoric about concentration camps is just alarmist hyperbole!

:barf:

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Aside from how evil this is, why would you announce it in advance? It only gives the citizens a chance to get out before the raids.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
We already know how they treat the children, but yeah I know what you're saying :(.
Right.

See, I understand that they're trying to discourage people bringing children with them on what is a very dangerous journey, etc etc, or using those children for empathy to fight their own deportations etc etc. I know the rhetoric.

But the children are being punished. We've seen horrendous things done to them. This isn't an accident. This is their strategy. Trump has on record said you discourage things by going after people's families.

They will treat the children with zero care, I would bet. To try and make an example of them, so others won't bring families with them when they try to cross the border.

And of course, that's just a step to then further demonize the people that still come. Discouraging family crossings by subjecting children to imprisonment and things indistinguishable from torture is only step one. Then it's much easier to dehumanize them.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Anyone who works for this gestapo organization is just another Nazi. Every single last one of them. Shame on every single piece of shit who still shows up for work and refuses to starve these monsters out of man power.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Fuck this administration, and everyone complicit in this.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Aside from how evil this is, why would you announce it in advance? It only gives the citizens a chance to get out before the raids.

Just like the Iran strikes, he'll probably 'cancel' it at the last minute - only to threaten it again a little further down the road. Kicking brown people out isn't necessarily the point (at least not right away) - tormenting them and leaving them constantly in a state of fear is.

The cruelty is the point.

Deleted member 22649

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there anything that we as a community can do about this?

Is there anything that we as citizens of this country can do to stop this?

Is there anything that I can do as someone who lives in one of these cities to stop this?

Anything at all. Please, let's talk about solutions, even impractical ones.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these are sanctuary cities. I wonder if there will be any kind of confrontation.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I do not want to have children in this shit hole country. Absolutely despicable.

That's the realization that there is a huge cognitive dissonance in trump calling other countries shit holes when even China has commented on America's behaviour and said "that's a bit much even for us"

This kind of fear mongering and targeted prejudiced behaviour against a vulnerable population will be among the worst atrocities that the Trump regime will be remembered for. While I don't believe in hell, I wish I did on days like today.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Houston huh? So they're going to go into heavily populated Hispanic neighborhoods where a ton of people proudly own guns and kidnap screaming kids. Fucking Nazis, they intentionally are hoping for a violent push back to somehow justify escalating it.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything that we as a community can do about this?

Is there anything that we as citizens of this country can do to stop this?

Is there anything that I can do as someone who lives in one of these cities to stop this?

Anything at all. Please, let's talk about solutions, even impractical ones.

If ICE is outside your door, don't panic, and remember: YOU HAVE RIGHTS. Even if you do everything right, they still may enter. View & share #WeHaveRights to be prepared. 4 scenarios, 7 languages http://WeHaveRights.Us

Forward this tweet to anyone you can.

Also don't read the replies.