• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I think he just gets off on terrifying minorities. He knows how much power his tweets hold.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
This is going to be happening more and more. Trump is going to annoucne all kinds of crazy shit that is just red meat for his base that he'll never actually go after. In reality he's been doing that since he got into office (the opiode crisis anyone?) but its just become far more bluntly apparent what he's doing because the stunts are getting insanely audacious and dangerous.

Yup. We're going to have this cycle of ATROCITY AND OUTRAGE keep going till it overlaps with the 24 Hour News Cycle, all to keep his mob ties, his servitude towards Putin, his failures, the fraudulence of his life, and the like from bubbling to the surface.

202-224-3121 <--- If you're American, and you aint called this number to demand impeachment or thank your rep for doing so, do so for this cruel stupid travesty to end faster.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I think he just gets off on terrifying minorities. He knows how much power his tweets hold.
Minorities? He loves the sensation of power against everyone, why do you think he let the story about strikes against Iran go out even when he waffled on it? Dude LOVES getting a reaction especially an angry or scared reaction out of him. it's not new either, just look at any of the books released on him and you'll see the story over and over.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If Pelosi and the Dems give Trump the asylum laws he wants in exchange for an empty promise of no family raids then they are even dumb as hell.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
If snyone thinks he isn't going to follow through on this threat if the Democrats don't concede, I have a bridge that's waiting for a buyer.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just like the Iran strikes, he'll probably 'cancel' it at the last minute - only to threaten it again a little further down the road. Kicking brown people out isn't necessarily the point (at least not right away) - tormenting them and leaving them constantly in a state of fear is.

The cruelty is the point.

You saw it coming. I guess the rest of us should have as well.

It's a pattern now, with Mexico, Iran, and now ICE enforcement.

It's sickening.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Just like the Iran strikes, he'll probably 'cancel' it at the last minute - only to threaten it again a little further down the road. Kicking brown people out isn't necessarily the point (at least not right away) - tormenting them and leaving them constantly in a state of fear is.

The cruelty is the point.

He's also a coward and fears the backlash

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

The New Yorker: ICE Agents Are Losing Patience with Trump's Chaotic Immigration Policy

Last Monday, when President Trump tweeted that his Administration would stage nationwide immigration raids the following week, with the goal of deporting "millions of illegal aliens," agents at Immigration and Customs Enforcement were suddenly forced to scramble. The agency was not ready to carry out such a large operation. Preparations that would typically take field officers six to eight weeks were compressed into a few days, and, because of Trump's tweet, the officers would be entering communities that now knew they were coming. "It was a dumb-shit political move that will only hurt the agents," John Amaya, a former deputy chief of staff at ice, told me. On Saturday, hours before the operation was supposed to start in ten major cities across the country, the President changed course, delaying it for another two weeks.
On Sunday, I spoke to an ice officer about the week's events. "Almost nobody was looking forward to this operation," the officer said. "It was a boondoggle, a nightmare." Even on the eve of the operation, many of the most important details remained unresolved. "This was a family op. So where are we going to put the families? There's no room to detain them, so are we going to put them in hotels?" the officer said. On Friday, an answer came down from iceleadership: the families would be placed in hotels while ice figured out what to do with them. That, in turn, raised other questions. "So the families are in hotels, but who's going to watch them?" the officer continued. "What happens if the person we arrest has a U.S.-citizen child? What do we do with the children? Do we need to get booster seats for the vans? Should we get the kids toys to play with?" Trump's tweet broadcasting the operation had also created a safety issue for the officers involved. "No police agency goes out and says, 'Tomorrow, between four and eight, we're going to be in these neighborhoods,' " the officer said.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I'm seeing chatter on my local FB groups about an ICE checkpoint in my area. Metro ATL - Buford Highway area. Anyone else hearing anything similar in your neck of the woods? Not sure if related to new raids or ongoing operations, but this is the first time ICE operations have started being talked about on my feeds. Glad to see folks looking out for one another.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure this isn't ICE related but definitely Trump administration related. I just found out my coworker got his work visa taken away and he is being deported back to Mexico today. I'm upset because he's one of the nicest people I've met. He doesn't deserve this. Not to mention the Trump administration is trying to take away another coworker's visa too. They're trying to send him back to Vietnam even though his wife is a US citizen and they have a newborn. Shits all fucked up. No one deserves this. He's getting a lawyer to fight it.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this isn't ICE related but definitely Trump administration related. I just found out my coworker got his work visa taken away and he is being deported back to Mexico today. I'm upset because he's one of the nicest people I've met. He doesn't deserve this. Not to mention the Trump administration is trying to take away another coworker's visa too. They're trying to send him back to Vietnam even though his wife is a US citizen and they have a newborn. Shits all fucked up. No one deserves this. He's getting a lawyer to fight it.
To piggyback off of this, Vietnamese and Cambodian deportations have increased sharply in this administration as an escalation from the Obama and Bush administrations.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
went to get a haircut today and noticed the owner's daughter wasn't in so I asked where she was.

turns out there was an issue with her VISA and was required to go get that straightened out. once on the other side of the border she gets told she's not being allowed back in. Her husband is back over here with the kids and they've hired an attorney but for the time being she's stuck in Mexico.

All according to plan it seems.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
By any chance did they have any records or deportation orders, etc? Or is the Trump admin just going after anyone?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
By any chance did they have any records or deportation orders, etc? Or is the Trump admin just going after anyone?
The guy from Mexico I don't know. He didn't tell me and I didn't ask. They are giving the Vietnamese guy a hard time because he forgot to report a benefit from his job in his renewal, and they don't believe it was a mistake and he's lying.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

The New Yorker: ICE Agents Are Losing Patience with Trump's Chaotic Immigration Policy

Last Monday, when President Trump tweeted that his Administration would stage nationwide immigration raids the following week, with the goal of deporting "millions of illegal aliens," agents at Immigration and Customs Enforcement were suddenly forced to scramble. The agency was not ready to carry out such a large operation. Preparations that would typically take field officers six to eight weeks were compressed into a few days, and, because of Trump's tweet, the officers would be entering communities that now knew they were coming. "It was a dumb-shit political move that will only hurt the agents," John Amaya, a former deputy chief of staff at ice, told me. On Saturday, hours before the operation was supposed to start in ten major cities across the country, the President changed course, delaying it for another two weeks.
On Sunday, I spoke to an ice officer about the week's events. "Almost nobody was looking forward to this operation," the officer said. "It was a boondoggle, a nightmare." Even on the eve of the operation, many of the most important details remained unresolved. "This was a family op. So where are we going to put the families? There's no room to detain them, so are we going to put them in hotels?" the officer said. On Friday, an answer came down from iceleadership: the families would be placed in hotels while ice figured out what to do with them. That, in turn, raised other questions. "So the families are in hotels, but who's going to watch them?" the officer continued. "What happens if the person we arrest has a U.S.-citizen child? What do we do with the children? Do we need to get booster seats for the vans? Should we get the kids toys to play with?" Trump's tweet broadcasting the operation had also created a safety issue for the officers involved. "No police agency goes out and says, 'Tomorrow, between four and eight, we're going to be in these neighborhoods,' " the officer said.

When racists have a problem with your racism

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
The put them in hotels may gave trump more ideas. Which would be a hard choice fill up trump hotels with brown people that you can charge the government for or let that deal slip away

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, minorities might just buy guns and protect themselves if ICE decided to just break in people houses and breakup families. Now that everybody knows they may happen again, should they get weapons to protect themselves? If it was me and someone was coming in to breakup my family, we going down at this point.

This is why this is stupid and this Administration needs to be removed. It's dangerous and could cause civil strife across the country. Wouldn't be surprised if hispanics decide to go on a mass long term strike and watch crops and other parts of the US market to fail, just to make a point. What you going to do? Make prisoners work the field? If I was a prisoner, I would just tell them to go fuck themselves and chill in my jail cell if I am not offered less jail time.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm confident that this was another bluff, like import tariffs on Mexican goods, and airstrikes on Iran.

As usual nothing will happen and no "concessions" will be made (from "The Democrats" I guess ?) and then he'll take a victory lap anyway.