• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/ice-t-teases-gears-of-war-1202754844/

It certainly wouldn't be Gears of War 5. That isn't being "exclusively" announced by Ice-T. That would get a big E3 reveal. But what exactly would he be involved with at this point in the franchise?

So, what does Ice-T's cryptic tease mean? There could be a new game coming. But, it could also be news about the "Gears of War" film in the works at Universal Studios. Universal announced last May that it picked "Avatar" writer Shane Salerno to pen the screenplay.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the character he voiced in Gears 3, Aaron Griffin, returning. I welcome it. Was my favourite character online in 3.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be an Aaron Griffin skin, they have added a ton of character skins.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

source.gif

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Either Ice-T himself or his character Aaron Griffin is playable in Gears 4. In other words get 2,000 credits saved up.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am a nightmare walkin, psychopath talkin, King of my jungle, just a gangster stalkin

It's just Griffin in Gears 4

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Man, a Gears of War film would be terrible. Not seeing what else it could be though.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
those hoping for a Gear 5 announcement are going to be disappointed. they've been teasing this ice-t character pack for a while now and I can't get exited for these because of how terribly bad the drop rates are for these RNG loot boxes and how uninspired the weapon skins have been. the only good character/weapon skins have been locked behind a $10 RNG paywall that's supposed to support the nonexistent Gears esport scene.

Nov 28, 2017
It's Aaron Griffin from Gears 3.

They recorded his lines for Gears 4 last year I think. Rod Fergusson even tweeted it. They have been teasing it for a while. The RNG (gambling) character pack (mostly for 2000 in-game credits or $10) will drop on friday, as usual.

Shuri

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ice T is such a legit gamer, I loved his gaming segments on his podcast. He was super hardcore and owned arcade cabinets back in the '90 and he was deep into SF and Virtua Fighter 2. He's going thru games one after the other while he works on his tv shows. He's deep into fps games nowadays

The kind of gamer you don't see much anymore.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but I think it would be fucking hilarious if a new Gears of War was announced this week and we look back and see Ice-T was the one to leak it

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer dropped:

It says we can unlock him through gameplay so maybe you won't need credits.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/get-griffin
How To Get Griffin
  • Complete the 'Aaron Griffin Challenge' timed achievement in Gears of War 4 between April 20th at 10am PT - April 30th at 10am PT
  • Return to this page and sign in with the Gamertag used to complete the challenge
  • Click the Claim Reward button below. Aaron Griffin will be awarded to your account instantly.
You have 10 days to get a total of 750 kills through Versus and Horde mode. Expect Horde mode to be busy with players during this time.