• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Chittagong

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
So they replaced a classic 117 year old logo and brand with something that was designed in four weeks and looks like a Walmart placeholder graphic.

FTFY

I was once tasked to redesign a multibillion corporation logo. We spent a year, worked with different designers, tested things out, and ultimately concluded that we cannot with good conscience flush out all that brand heritage. Instead we designed a distinct corporate typeface that refreshed the brand much better than a logo rework would have, and we still retained that heritage.

I always have incredible respect and sense of responsibility when handed the keys of a legendary brand.

Dre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
riccardo-tisci-burberry-new-logo.jpg

serveimage

Next up:

Gucci
Firenze

Louis Vuitton
Paris

Those logos are generic as fuck, can't believe someone got paid probably millions to do that.

Oct 25, 2017
If they are so worried about brand damage/ reputation why only change things now? The peak mockery about the association with chavs was honestly about 10-12 years ago.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. They didn't want these skeezy chavs to tank their brand reputation then vail on them when the new trend comes in and leave them in ruins. I've seen it happen so many times before, it's probably a smart move.

it makes the rebranding make sense, too.

I don't think the chav thing has been an issue for them for at least ten years. The logo has never been a big problem for them and the pattern is just one more among many, it's not like they are not making trench coats anymore. As their PR say, they are looking to diversify their line, generic logo might work better in that context.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The logo designers of today are true (scam) artists.

navii

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a luxury brand handbag pattern grabbed from the default pattern swatches in illustrator. But let's see what they do with it