• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
In case you were unaware, because I was, using Nintendo Cloud saves makes it very easy to help with Rougelikes on the Switch. Games that allow you to create interment saves, like, Enter the Gungeon in between floors, that delete themselves after you restore a save state, can still be restored with Cloud Saves.

1. Press the + button on a game icon
2. Go to Save Data Cloud Backup
3. Turn Auto-Save Data Backup to OFF.
4. Backup Save Data

To restore your Save Data, just go bak into this menu and restore your Save File from the Cloud. Easy!

This is super helpful for games like Into the Breach, which auto save after EVERY turn! If you're in a deep run, just exit to the Home Menu to create a save state, backup that save file, and if things go south, just restore it!

I imagine this would also work easily on PlayStation and Xbox, but I don't have those consoles.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yes, I thought about it several times. It is unfortunately the reason why Pokémon does not have cloud saves.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, it's just switching to manual backups. I'm surprised most people don't know about this. But it's probably the reason we can't have nice things

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
You could do that but where's the fun in that.
I'd rather not play these games then. But hey to each their own.
I mean I guess but that goes against a huge part of these games intentional design.
What is the point? Why play a roguelike if you dont like the idea of roguelike? There is nothing to gain from doing this.
Yeah why would you want to cheat around a major gameplay mechanic just to make it easier.

I could see doing it to get over a major difficulty/RNG spike so you could enjoy the rest of the game. It's not like every game out there is perfectly balanced and respects player time.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I did this once when I was playing through Xenoblade 2 and trying for some rare blades. All's fair when it comes to gacha.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I could see doing it to get over a major difficulty/RNG spike so you could enjoy the rest of the game. It's not like every game out there is perfectly balanced and respects player time.

OP is using it to get around dying in roguelikes though, the main point of a roguelike is the progressive building of skill / items over time. If you bypass death, you are essentially cutting one of the biggest mechanics out.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Isn't that why some games don't support cloud saves or whatever? I remember then Switch Online came out and Nintendo announced that some games wouldn't support it lol

OP
OP
TYRANITARR

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't that why some games don't support cloud saves or whatever? I remember then Switch Online came out and Nintendo announced that some games wouldn't support it lol
Just the online component games like Pokemon and Splatoon2. That makes sense. Like everything else does have cloud saves.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OP is using it to get around dying in roguelikes though, the main point of a roguelike is the progressive building of skill / items over time. If you bypass death, you are essentially cutting one of the biggest mechanics out.
But what if I am going for the achivement/trophy Complete the Game in less than # Deaths?

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is very good for Xenoblade 2 to get around the gacha mechanics. Made my life a lot easier.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
that sounds like such a big hassle that i would rather just die and start over

but to each its own

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Fixed the typo in the thread title for the sake of my own sanity~