• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Creating a new thread with updated info for people seeing the announcement for the first time

Reveal Trailer:

https://idola.jp

It's a gacha game, and seems to be heavily influenced by Fate: Grand Order

Main Characters:
character01_image.png
character02_image.png

Screenshots:
ss01_02.jpg
ss02_02.jpg

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
That looks really bad, and nothing like Phantasy Star at all. Character art, battles, music, gameplay. What is left of what used to be Phantasy Star? I would have loved to see the developers of Phantasy Star 4 come together and make a new game. Or even old Sonic team members behind old PSO.

MidiPour

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
... So can someone explain to me why they had a chronological montage of the series? That scares me because it gives off the impression this is the next step in the mainline franchise.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Should of been a mobile version of PSO that played like the mobile moba games that control really well. This I have no interest in.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
... So can someone explain to me why they had a chronological montage of the series? That scares me because it gives off the impression this is the next step in the mainline franchise.
"Hey remember these? You liked these? Well, now play THIS!"

It's Sega taunting us. Or trying to make some quick buck on nostalgia, by making something that doesn't resemble the old games at all.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Challenging fate grand order without bringing your own waifu army? It's like they want to drive that nail into the Phantasy star coffin themselves.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I like the theme song. Everything else looks the most uninspired, bland, non-PS junk imaginable.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Challenging fate grand order without bringing your own waifu army? It's like they want to drive that nail into the Phantasy star coffin themselves.
I should just forget about Phantasy Star, and hope we get more games like Cosmic Star Heroine from indies. Sorry, I guess I should not post in this thread anymore. Most of the time I am able to see something positive in most discussions, but not this...

OVDRobo

Oct 29, 2017
Is Phantasy Star even a strong enough IP to support a gacha game? I never hear people talk about how they loved this character or that character from the series.

Also, Grand Order isn't exactly loved for its gameplay so much as its characters, universe and in-depth story so it's a swing-and-a-miss on that front too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Phantasy Star even a strong enough IP to support a gacha game? I never hear people talk about how they loved this character or that character from the series.

Also, Grand Order isn't exactly loved for its gameplay so much as its characters, universe and in-depth story so it's a swing-and-a-miss on that front too.

All of these elements are terrible in Grand Order though, the plot just throws glossary terms with no context at you with every dialogue box

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
F/GO at least retains some of Takeuchis art style, it is still distinctly Type-Moon

This is just....garbage

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case, they've done themselves no favors by scrapping practically everything that makes a Phantasy Star game, save perhaps rally. Even between the big jump from the Algol to Ragol series, the games still had an identity. I don't understand Sega at all.
Same reason Sonic gets a reboot every two games, they throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.