• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
kZK0gSx.jpg
EYVPdB2.jpg

AsZL86e.jpg
np5SLh3.jpg

LUHojY0.jpg
5Ow7Kqc.jpg

YDTOIix.jpg

Next Big Bang Missions and Dark King Mechikabura Arcs

mW6L1zW.jpg
beAzlNm.jpg

nCLGb5U.jpg

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heroes is so shit i don't understand why i still watch it. Sigh what a disappointing finish to this arc.
Also Dio deserved better than this

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I've loved watching SDBH

Rather excited for this though because of Xeno Pan. Her design is far better than her GT one. :D

Will be nice to see more of Xeno Goku as well. Maybe we'll get to see Xeno Gohan? Can't see him on the images but seeing him or Xeno Goten/Xeno Gotenks would be pretty fun.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hearts just wanted to free everyone from living by the whims of moody children. What a good guy.

Ngl Gogeta, Jiren and Hit teaming up is kinda hype. Would be neat if something like that happened in 2uper.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this is what that dedicated Dragon Ball studio is used for. Glorified fanfic commercials.

I don't know if this is better or worse than the fans that brigade every Toei announcement with "WEN DRAGON BALL?!"

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this is what that dedicated Dragon Ball studio is used for. Glorified fanfic commercials.

I don't know if this is better or worse than the fans that brigade every Toei announcement with "WEN DRAGON BALL?!"
There is no studio dedicated to Dragon Ball. There is the Dragon Ball Room which is a section of Shueisha that manages everything regarding the brand and then Toei has a Dragon Ball animation planning division, but that's just planners. There is also a new movie in development so it's not like this is the only DB thing we have now.
It's promotional material. It exists purely for selling the games and nothing else.
Not even to sell games, it's to get young kids to go to the arcade and play the Heroes arcade game.

Oct 25, 2017
There is no studio dedicated to Dragon Ball. There is the Dragon Ball Room which is a section of Shueisha that manages everything regarding the brand and then Toei has a Dragon Ball animation planning division, but that's just planners. There is also a new movie in development so it's not like this is the only DB thing we have now.

Not even to sell games, it's to get young kids to go to the arcade and play the Heroes arcade game.

Oooh it's just a planning division. I guess that makes a lot more sense.
Though wouldn't every massive franchise have one then? I just recall it being a big deal that Dragon Ball was getting one last year.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh it's just a planning division. I guess that makes a lot more sense.
Though wouldn't every massive franchise have one then? I just recall it being a big deal that Dragon Ball was getting one last year.
Nope, Toei animation has 3 divisions, If I remember correctly they are 2D animation, 3D animation and Dragon Ball Planning (might be TV and Movie instead of 2D and 3D, can't remember). The number of people working in the division probably fluctuates based on needs, so depending on what part of preproduction the next movie is in it might be very few people right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, Toei animation has 3 divisions, If I remember correctly they are 2D animation, 3D animation and Dragon Ball Planning (might be TV and Movie instead of 2D and 3D, can't remember). The number of people working in the division probably fluctuates based on needs, so depending on what part of preproduction the next movie is in it might be very few people right now.

Interesting.
I'm surprised One Piece and Precure don't have dedicated divisions considering how constant they are.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting.
I'm surprised One Piece and Precure don't have dedicated divisions considering how constant they are.
I think it's a combination of DB making more money and the current set up involving working directly with Toriyama on stuff.
Anyways, DB feels kinda dead right now because of the silence, but at least we do know that a new movie is in development (2021 release maybe?) and hopefully after that when there is an opening in releases we'll get a show, even if it ends up being based on the manga or something.
Honestly I feel like we won't get a show until 2022 or 2023.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So what are the next few arcs like?

The next one is a special episode showing the conclusion of the last arc involving the Time Patrol/Xeno characters from the Arcade game. It should be even more confusing than usual for Heroes since they skipped the rest of the arc. Afterwards it's a new arc involving both the Super and Time Patrol characters. This one hasn't started even on arcade, so it's not really known how it will go right now.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Heroes might be dumb, fan fic trash, but it's still better than whatever the hell Toyotaro is doing.