• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking about the original Infinity Gauntlet cover. One of the most iconic Marvel Comics covers ever.

infinity_gauntlet_1.jpg

It would be a MASSIVE missed opportunity to not pay homage to it for IW or A4 movie poster with the Avengers and the Guardians.
I believe in Feige to make the right call.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool picture. But why the F is Solid Snake in it? And where is his eye patch? :p
He's there in front, next to some old lady and Kool Moe Dee.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take that back. The cover is A+++

Now this....

is too busy.
I'm not a fan of the Comic-Con poster at all. Especially Thanos' Bruce Wilis smirk.
They've got to do it right for the official theatrical poster.
Hmm. What you posted originally is for sure better. I feel like it's going to be the avengers logo with a menacing thanos fist or something

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any Jim Starlin or Ron Lim artwork of Thanos, Silver Surfer, Drax, Adam Warlock, etc is always just stellar stuff. I miss those days.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame we haven't seen too much of the cosmic stuff. Those pages of Thanos taking on the cosmic forces of the Marvel Universe were great.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I will say I don't know what they've done to Thanos face CGI but he no longer looks like Josh Brolin, and it kind of looks bad?

OP
OP
Imperial Bishop
Oct 26, 2017
It's too busy? That comic cover is even more busy by comparison.

Agree to disagree, but the beamlines of the gems in the TPB cover just gives the illusion where every character is caught in the Infinity Gauntlet's power.
It's menacing and it works.

Half the characters in the Comic-Con poster look shopped in.

OP
OP
Imperial Bishop
Oct 26, 2017

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Thanos is pretty much the baddest shit ever without the gems. Wouldn't be just destroy everyone with them? That's the problem with comic books. No one ever dies. If they do, they get revive by some magical bullshit.

Thanos is trying to stunt on the Avengers to impress Death, so he "lowers his power level" to make it seem like they have a chance........but they get clowned super hard anyway.

Neptonic

Oct 25, 2017
Tucson, AZ
I feel like if that happens in the movie then next moment is definitely going to be thanos punching the gauntlet through caps heart.
oh it's much sadder and more anticlimatic then that

Thanos is pretty much the baddest shit ever without the gems. Wouldn't be just destroy everyone with them? That's the problem with comic books. No one ever dies. If they do, they get revive by some magical bullshit.
people eat fucking shit in Infinity War so hard.
I can only think of like 2 characters who die and were able to be brought back.