• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
The replies in this thread just reinforce why the name they've committed to for the generation is just awful. What do you call the family of next-gen machine? "Xbox Series"? I'm struggling to imagine the meetings where they came up with and then finalised this name.
The name is just Xbox. The model is Series X. The logo puts emphasis on Xbox, much larger text, bolded and on a different line. Its much more prominent than Series X. Where as Xbox One was the product name, and S and X were the models. Series X and Series S will be the models for Xbox or The New Xbox.

x21zs2z_d.jpg

MszU7CS_d.jpg

OP
OP
Deeke

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
SS is still used in many places though, the secret service is still a thing. SS is still used for ships even when they don't run on steam. I really doubt anyone would care about an Xbox SS.
Yeah but all those things have actual meanings

Ss in ships means "steamships", ss in cars means "super sport".

Xbox SS would basically be "Series S," where the S isn't an actual abbreviated word but a designation (eg lower than X). Doesn't seem the same to me.

I agree it'd make sense to keep the S designation because of the Xbox One S and not confuse consumers.

I just think Xbox Series X is a mouthful, so we'll probably be saying Xbox SX more often than not. If that's the case than Xbox SS just doesn't sound like a good brand image because its not really an abbreviation for anything coherent like a term/name/word.