• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

If MS did get a representative in Smash, who would be the best candidate?

• Steve

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • Chief

Votes: 535 41.7%
  • Banjo

Votes: 615 47.9%

• Total voters

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Phil Spencer, and all of his alts are too-tight tees with various gamer-isms under a jacket

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Blinx-
MEoB4yW5HxCoUmeSiLW2LA.jpg

My day has not been ruined for being reminded that this amazing series is dead :'(

I LOVED Blinx

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The forza car obviously, duh.

I want Marcus Fenix in it, but I guess that would be too bloody.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
While Master Chief and Steve are more recognizable, Banjo coming to Smash has been discussed for a loooooong time. Just get it over with already. :p

Hell, even Phil said he would be okay with Banjo appearing in Smash on Twitter. Too lazy to find and post that tweet though.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
From a Microsoft perspective, Chief would be the best candidate.

From a Nintendo fan perspective, Banjo is the best candidate.

From a popularity perspective, Steve is the best candidate.

Spoilers: It will be Steve.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Steve is one of those characters who doesn't have much in the way of an obvious combat moveset, but they'd come up with a great one for him that looks fun and feels right anyway.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chief would be so out of the blue.

It would be epic. Hearing the theme...

And I say that never having even played a single Halo game.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Banjo is an ugly bear, so not him. Steve ain't better, but at least he is popular with kids and I won't deny them their chance of having their favorite franchise represented.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
If it's Steve or Master Chief I'll blow my brains out fucking dull as hell choices.
Optimally it'd be Banjo/Kazooie or Conker.

Fuck it without a shred of a lie I'd take the fucking paperclip over those two wet noodles.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Joanna Dark would be my pick

Master Chief would probably be the best, most iconic pick... Banjo's dead, and who cares about Steve?

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo's a nobody who had two worthwhile games during the period where the majority of people on Era were children. Steve is far and away the best option.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo and Kazooie's been asked for since the Melee days. Would be great to finally have them in.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo seems like the most likely but voting Chief because I think that'd be way more fun to see happen.

twistedbasis

Jan 10, 2018
They already added a spartan for Dead or Alive on 360, so they probably won't do that again. Based on how Minecraft is nowadays I do not want any more publicity for that steaming pile, so I hope they don't do that. Banjo is meh but would fit Smash the best probably. If there was a Forza car in the running, I'd probably pick that...

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Banjo would be a total crowd pleaser and would make many older fans very happy.

Steve is awful but likely because of how big Minecraft is.

Master Chief could arguably be a bigger megaton than Sonic, Snake and Cloud.