• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If Nintendo finally decided to give the purple wonder his own game, what kind of game would you want it to be?

What kind of genre?

Would you want it set in the Mushroom Kingdom?

What kind of mechanics would it be built around?

I mean, the correct answer is God Hand style brawler, but I'm curious as to what everyone else would want

150px-Waluigi_MP10.png

What do you think, ERA?

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
i think the proper answer is a game which gives the absurdity of a waluigi game room to breathe, so i think what i'd like is a roleplaying game a la the M&L gba game.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Stealth game about bank robberies.

He's robbing Bowser's vaults and the Koopas, Goombas etc are the guards

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
A tennis game. Also, it would be somewhat confusingly titled "Mario Tennis" and Waluigi would just be one of many playable characters.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Waluigi clearly needs his own rhythm game after showing off what a dancing fiend he is in DDR: Mario Mix.
i_7151.jpg

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
Some form of RPG where you have to gain followers/party members through building a heroic reputation and defeat enemies through trickery and deceit. I feel like taking some inspiration from Tingle's Rupeeland would help a lot too.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take some of the clickbait articles about unusual sports (elephant Polo, Underwater Hockey, Cheese Rolling, Sepak Takraw etc) and make a Mario & Sonic at the Olympics type game with him and Big the Cat.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
OK, to make an actual NON-JOKE game? Hmmm... What would I want...

Maybe a platforming game in a similar vein to the Wario Land titles. But honestly, I just want a Wario Land game with both Wario and Waluigi as playable characters. I don't really want a Waluigi game, because the character is too undefined for me to think of anything that could work. If Nintendo were to give him an actual appearance outside of spin-offs that could shape his character, THEN I would want a Waluigi game to follow.

Sorry! Answering this question genuinely is actually hard for me, lol!

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
A platformer with puzzle and stealth elements where you sneak around the Mushroom Kingdom causing random mischief but it's all begign stuff that only causes minor annoyance.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
How about a GTA/Mafia/Saints Row style mock game? Less violence but more gags. Waluigi is a henchman to a mob boss in a crime ridden big city, does his dirty works for him. Instead of shoot & kill missions, classic 3D platforming levels. He does look like a silent movie era villain anyway.

And no Wario or any other MK character. Wario has his own friends, Waluigi deserves his too.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
A game where Waluigi is overshadowed by the Mushroom Kingdom celebrities and the goal is to become the main character/more famous by doing various stuff.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Zelda BOTW clone but instead of Hyrule it's the Mushroom Kingdom and instead of questing for stuff he's sneaking around fucking shit up and annoying people for kicks.

Juup

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the genre, it should copy the best gameplay mechanic from Luigi's Mansion.
That is, dedicate the A button to 'Waaah!'. In all kinds of tones, volumes and varieties, of course.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Waluigi: Origins, a Capcom-developed tactical action-RPG chronicling how he got drawn into the Mushroom Kingdom sports circuit with a cast of original characters.
It also features Dante from the Devil May Cry Series in a cross-promotional effort.

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
for some reason I always thought of an alternative to Mario Kart, focused on single player. Sounds random enough for Nintendo to do such a thing.

Oct 26, 2017
A crazy meta-game where every cliche and rule we have learned from games through the years are being turned on its head.