• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
A game where he tries to save everyone and ending up everyone's life worst. Also nobody needed any saving before it.

A mix of GTA and Everything.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Charles Martinet has described Waluigi as someone who thinks everyone else is out to get him and has cheated to be as successful as they are compared to him, so he feels the need to also cheat and be obnoxious to stay ahead and get back at the other cheaters. It would be great if there was a way to incorporate this into a game-play system. Maybe as people are saying, a game where Waluigi has to be stealthy, as he steals iconic items from other characters in the Mario universe as they sleep, as Waluigi believes if he has their stuff he'll be as well liked and successful as they are.

I could also see a Wario Bros game, where Wario plays as his traditional brute, while Waluigi plays more like Plague Knight, chucking explosives everywhere to solve all his problems. This could also create some great slapstick comedy.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Waluigi's Mansion, except you're breaking into house of traps, Home Alone style

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we get a Waluigi game before we get a new Wario Land, I'm fucking done with you, Nintendo.

I think there's a good reason Wario has never appeared in a canon Mario or Wario game. He's just a dude that plays Tennis with Wario in the crossover/Party universe.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Waluigi is like the textbook stereotypical mustache twirling sexual predator from the 19th century, so basically a creepier/sneakier mix of Leisure Suite Larry and Luigi's Mansion.

Waluigi just creeping in women's homes trying to spy on them and steal their undies. Possibly still using the Poltergust 3000 to blow up skirts or just vacuum off clothes entirely.

Deleted member 15933

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Wario and Waluigi: Partners in Crime" is definitely something that someone throughout Nintendo's studios and affiliates must have pitched already. Make it a turn-based heist strategy rpg.

Rich

Oct 28, 2017
England
Waluigi is like the textbook stereotypical mustache twirling sexual predator from the 19th century, so basically a creepier/sneakier mix of Leisure Suite Larry and Luigi's Mansion.

Waluigi just creeping in women's homes trying to spy on them and steal their undies. Possibly still using the Poltergust 3000 to blow up skirts or just vacuum off clothes entirely.

Waluigi:

art_trade_dick_dastardly_by_augiedoggie_fan_92-daer6cs.jpg

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Four pitches:

1. One of those shop-owner games starring anime girls (I think it's Receatter--you know, the one with the meme about how it's really a super-intense business sim under the surface), except it would just be Waluigi, and he'd be like a baker or a grocer or something.

2. A point and click adventure game where Waluigi is, like, caught up in a hard-boiled detective story. He doesn't actually say anything other than the usual grunts, groans, and cackles (plus the occasional "Waluigi time!"), but all the other characters act as though he were doing a perfect Phillip Marlowe impression.

3. A "fugitive" sim where Waluigi has escaped prison and has to go on the road, living incognito and doing odd jobs to survive. At each location there is some treasure Waluigi has the option of attempting to steal, but the steps involved with stealing it increase his risk of being recognized and recaptured.

4. Blast Corps 2 starring Waluigi.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017

I think that's your fantasy dream where Nintendo start licensing their games out to Compile Heart

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Side scrolling playformet in the vein of the 2D Wario games, with a similarly whacked out aesthetic/mechanics.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think that's your fantasy dream where Nintendo start licensing their games out to Compile Heart

Well it's not a game I'd really want to play but it's just what comes to mind when I look at Waluigi cause it he creeps me out so much. Wario is just like this gruff, greedy, unpleasant guy, but Waluigi is actually legit unsettling.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see him paired up with Wario in a minigame oriented game that somehow differentiates itself from WarioWare.

Thinking something like a party game, where cheating, stealing and screwing up the other players is an essential part of the gameplay.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Charles Martinet describes Waluigi as dastardly, but incompetent. To him, Waluigi doesn't play fair because he believes everybody is cheating but him. He is the kind of character who would have zero self-awareness as he fails upward towards something he doesn't even want.

This is why a Waluigi game needs to be an RPG. He would need to be thrust into something and succeed not on his own accord but by repeated fortunate accident. His motivation for doing things wouldn't be to rescue somebody or accomplish anything, but to "win" or have people actually like him for once. Waluigi isn't an evil character, he is selfish and myopic, but I truly think he means less harm than Wario.

You can read about all this and more in my 1,300 page biography, The Color Purple: Waluigi Doesn't Know There's Another Book Called The Color Purple and Insisted on This as the Title.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Either a RPG or 3D open world game, focusing on the villains of the Mario franchise, played from their perspective. Bowser, Wario and other villains playing a role as well. All the normal good guys would serve as enemies in the game.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, surely we can all agree that regardless of genre a dedicated WAH button is essential

WAH

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
There was a funny little inside joke on IGN boards back in 2003/2004 and it was called Waluigi's Taco Stand:

FPQ98MNB.jpg

I vote that

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
City Builder Sim.

I want to see him as the mastermind behind New Donk City's architecture.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
It would have to be really weird and surreal, perhaps taking place in like a twisted, upside down version of the mushroom kingdom.

Menik

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It would be a pheonix wright rip-off with toads as the jury and Waluigi's nonsensical cross-examinations. Characters on trial would be other Nintendo characters(heroes) like Kirby, DK, Fox, Classic Megaman, etc.

Also he breaks wind in excitement over each of his objections. *Already pre-ordered*

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I personally would love something between the french animations and Lazy Town's Robbie Rotten.

The genre really doesn't matter tbh. It could be a satire of the rpgs with some of action-based nintendo levels and some villainous humour.

CD99

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Take Leisure Suit Larry, replace Larry with Waluigi and the women with other Nintendo women. Instant hit.

Karakato

Oct 29, 2017
I'd simply settle for a pinball game, preferably one that uses the best music in the Mario Kart series:

Ekasra097

Oct 28, 2017
Prequel to Mario Tennis in the style of Golf Story (IIRC Waluigi got his start in Mario Tennis).

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
No More Heroes style game where Waluigi needs to challenge and defeat the other Nintendo stars to become the number of Nintendo character.

Jordan94

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love a platformer where Wario and Waluigi revisit areas from mainline Mario games and steal the stars that Mario collected.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It would be a pheonix wright rip-off with toads as the jury and Waluigi's nonsensical cross-examinations. Characters on trial would be other Nintendo characters(heroes) like Kirby, DK, Fox, Classic Megaman, etc.

Also he breaks wind in excitement over each of his objections. *Already pre-ordered*

Wa-Luigi: Attorney at Law.

Throw in Bad Box Art Megaman as his assistant and you got an instant classic here.
badboxart-megaman-sfxt-gif.gif

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
A mini game collection of some kind, where he hangs out with the WarioWare cast while Wario is off doing other things like another Warioland game.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
He'd make a good noir detective, actually. Show us the seedy criminal underbelly of the mushroom kingdom.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
A sneak-em-up FPS like Thief. But with good lighting so you can always make out his lingering, elongated Nosferatu-like shadow.

He will also inappropriately, at any given moment because he can't help himself, make some loud 'eeeehhh' and 'waaaa' squeaks that will alert guards to his position and that the player will have to scramble around.