• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Miles' two tails are a physical deformity, and he's just constantly reminding him of it. And Miles was supposedly bullied about his two tails before he met Sonic, so I'd think that a random person deciding to call him "Tails" would just seem like he's another bully. Maybe Sonic's just insensitive, but he also nicknames Dr. Robotnik "Eggman" because of his body shape, so maybe he's just a dick.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought "Tails" was just his preferred nickname as opposed to Eggman originally not wanting to be called that in Adventure.

Also when you say "Sonic and Miles" it sounds way lamer compared to "Sonic and Tails"

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Miles' two tails are a physical deformity, and he's just constantly reminding him of it. And Miles was supposedly bullied about his two tails before he met Sonic, so I'd think that a random person deciding to call him "Tails" would just seem like he's another bully. Maybe Sonic's just insensitive, but he also nicknames Dr. Robotnik "Eggman" because of his body shape, so maybe he's just a dick.
A physical deformity that allows him to fly AND somewhat keep up with one of the fastest beings alive.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
It's just his nickname.

SEGA didn't like his real name, so they had his designer change it.

He still snuck it into the game, tbough.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast

Maybe he is, Thammy... maybe he is

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This topic was covered in Sonic's autobiography, Chapter 4 "My friends, my love, my life" on page 267.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
if MY physical deformity granted me the power of flight I'd want to brag about it too

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
A nickname about his physical deformity is somewhat cruel though.
If I had a mate who suffered disfiguring third degree burns, I wouldn't nickname him "Crispy".

It's not uncommon for people to have nicknames like that, yes its cruel and shit, but it happens, it's like being the fat one on your group of friends and people calling you Fat mike or something. Or calling your short friend Shorty and so on.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Tails' backstory that he was a fan of Sonic? So I'd guess he just prefers the cool nickname Sonic gave him to his boring real name.

'I'll never wash this hand again' but in nickname form.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Nickname. My girlfriend has called me by my last name since the day we met.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
canada
It could be worse

my childhood nickname that my friends gave me was gay lord

imageforums.php

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Some people take their lemons and turn them into lemonade. Tails took his horrendous deformity and used to to play and speed up his running speed. He's proud of what he's been able to overcome and wears it like a badgfor everyone to see.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
My friends call me things like "slut", "fucktoy", and "cum rag" all the time. "Tails" is really innocent in comparison tbh.