• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even need remasters, just give me straight up-rezed ports and I'd be perfectly happy.

I can't imagine EA WOULDN'T make a decent profit if they did basic collections of a bunch of their older gen franchises, especially if they came to Switch as well:
Dead Space Trilogy
Burnout 2, 3, Revenge (Paradise at least got a slight remaster, glad to have the Big Surf Island on PC finally)
Mass Effect Trilogy
SSX

I did buy SSX 3 on XB1, half because I wanted to finally play it, and half because I wanted them to do Tricky too.

fog

Oct 28, 2017
Newcastle, UK
Much like the recent Tony Hawkes games, the last SSX failed because the devs didn't understand what made the original games great...the gameplay.

No amount of realistic physics, fancy graphics or 'gritty' storyline can make up for that.

Adroitone

Nov 12, 2017
One of the main reasons I dislike EA today is because they completely disbanded the best studio they ever had, EA Big. EA Big was putting out hit after hit. SSX, NBA Street, NFL Street, Def Jam. Man. I would buy all of those again in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
Virtua Saturn

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
One of the main reasons I dislike EA today is because they completely disbanded the best studio they ever had, EA Big. EA Big was putting out hit after hit. SSX, NBA Street, NFL Street, Def Jam. Man. I would buy all of those again in a heartbeat.

And not everything hit for EA Big. But they took risks and just tried different things. Not everything was a runaway success but when it was man, legendary. The sports game scene is depressing now where EA does the exact opposite.