• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
What devices can I currently use to stream psnow

PS4 and PC

Here's my impressions from another thread:

Finally signed up for the 7 day free trial and spent a few hours jumping around various games to test the streaming. So far no noticeable lag and not a single stutter. I ran some tests with Red Dead, Sonic Generations, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Street Fighter 2, Comix Zone and Gravity Rush. Other than the graphics downgrade by the stream being 720p it was perfect. Controls were very snappy and I was intentionally trying to dart about quickly to try and create a situation where I might notice some lag.

My internet connection is gigabit download with 30 megabit upload and I'm in Toronto. Gonna play around a lot more once I finish off replaying TLOU but so far I'm impressed! If they can get the streaming quality to 1080p then I think it'll be perfect.

So yeah, with my experience so far there was no perceivable lag. It did feel like I was playing the game locally on the console, it's just the 720p resolution that gives it away. I imagine we'll be seeing some upgrades to the service before the PS5 hits.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's the new 3d. In most case there's no reason to do it, but those companies are investingly heavily in it, only to all cancel their projects 2 year in.

But I would use it if psvitatv was a still a thing.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
It's not a viable alternative to dedicated hardware right now, and the service side is still finding its footing.

Honestly I'm a little perplexed about why there has been this vocal, strong support for streaming lately. While I accept that streaming will continue to grow and may one day be the way we all play games, that's absolutely not what I want and I'm not going to extol the virtues of the streaming future and back a company because they seem to be trying to push for a version of the industry, as inevitable as it may be, that I'm not looking forward to.