• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 24, 2018
Note that is not about the game currently codenamed Overwatch 2 which seems to be more of a expansion or spin-off to the main game, I mean an actual full blown sequel. If this was to ever happen, what would you want to see? New content, complete charcter changes, overhauls, UI, Maps etc?

Please not insulting and belitting other users because of their suggestions or wants.

For me:
1. Story mode, Either a full Story mode or 6-8 archieve event like missions that act as a Campaign.

2. Widowmaker,
both lore and gameplay. Lorewise, it bothers me that she has had so little and her backstory of being kidnapped and being tortured and conditioned to be what she is now has been mostly ignored (which makes me a bit uncomfortable the way they keep sexualising her, like how much is her consent and how much of that has been forced upon her due to the conditioning) or even the heroes figuring this out (do they ever stop to wonder why she's blue?). I really would like her character expanded and a lot more clarity of her agency, memories and her own wants and movitves.

As for gameplay (since a 2 wouldn't likely be restricted to what is possible currently), she seems to be often one of the least liked character due to how she plays and I've had plenty of experiance of seeing Widow players not helping or staying out of the action. Question is then what to do to fix her while also keeping what those who play with her like? My suggestion is change her weapon from her Sniper Rifle to duel weilding sniper gun attachments, she keeps the scope but it has less range meaning she has to be close to the action, but she now has rapid fire (think slightly slower then Doomfist's hand gun) shots that can be used long range and short range with verying effectiveness. Also make her Infra-sight a natural ability with bigger limitations.

3. Vehicles, this is something I would like to see more of, Tracer's bike in the last event would be interesting to see how well it could be implimented into the game.

4. Bigger maps for more unique modes, Halo Reach had a mode called Invasion, which involved larger than normal maps, but the game played in phases to allow the smaller (9v9 if I recall right) while also allowing for vehciles and the like. One team had certain tasks to do while the other had to stop them. I think this mode could be a good basis for something similar in Overwatch.

What are your ideas?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
custom map maker and extreme rework if not all out removal of the ultimate system

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
More story and more Moira (Along with a gold backpack for when you unlock that). Then of course more coop stuff as standard.
The universe of Overwatch is more interesting to me now than me actually wanting to play MP these days (I have close to 200 hours which is a lot for me).

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely want to see an expanded attempt at showcasing the story and PvE in general.

Also a mini black hole experiment that warps brigitte out of existence.

OP
OP
TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Feb 24, 2018
Also somewhat related but not worth making it's own thread about, is there a way of knowing who the most popular Overwatch characters are, both in game like played the most and just in general popularity?

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd want to see it paced more like old TF2, in that it's plug-in / plug-out , maybe 9 vs 9, so folks can be less salty.
Overwatch was the most negative game I've ever played, felt like a MOBA in that aspect.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd most like to see a campaign mode with a good story and a substantial amount of content. Maybe have one campaign for the Overwatch heroes and another for the baddies. Have the levels be full of disposable goons then at the end of each have a boss battle with one of the main characters. I'm thinking they could craft a fun story a bit like No One Lives Forever in tone.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I think the spin off currently being referred to as Overwatch 2 will be what the majority wants in terms of a story mode.

For all its faults, a proper sequel isn't needed until a next gen upgrade to the graphics becomes necessary.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'd take some single player or two player short story campaigns designed specifically for each character; Roadhog and Junkrat on their latest capre, Reaper assaulting a government facility, Pharah and Ana bonding again on the battlefield, Hanzo and Genji cleaning up the streets of Japan, Soldier 76 on his one man, punisher style war on crime... I'd take them one or two hours in length. I'm positive you could build some puzzles around abilities too; Sym's teleport, Mei's ice wall, some crazy Lucio platforming.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A story mode/single player mode.
I love the art style, the characters and their designs, the lore, the short films, and the gameplay seems fun. I would have long bought and supported the game if it wasn't purely multiplayer, and I know several others who would do too.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Mainly just a single player/co-op campaign with PvE missions I suppose. I still enjoy the multiplayer fine, and although they can always keep tweaking that and adding new heroes and maps and stuff, I think the big thing that an Overwatch 2 would need to bring is a campaign mode.

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
If does have a multiplayer:

1. Properly designed maps
2. Understanding of player movement
3. Stuns and knock back effects toned down
4. Shields reworked, it's not fun shooting Orisa's or Reinhart's shield for a significant chunk of time
5. No infinite ammo
6. Greater disparity in health of characters, proportional to player speed and manoeuvrability

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Single player story mode, a significantly more fleshed out Capture the Flag that's now a game mode, and an equal deemphasis on Payload.

That would make me extremely happy :)

Oh and a TON more characters that are as badass as Reaper. I'm so sad that he's the only character that really matches my aesthetic.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
There wont be an Overwatch 2 for a loooong time. The story mode will get bundled with Overwatch on next gen and QoL updates will keep the game going. A hypothetical OW2 wouldn't hit until next next gen imo.

Its been 7 years since Diablo 3 and a sequel still isn't formally annouced.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I really really want to see Overwatch takes an approach same as destiny 1 with pve. I like the concept of destiny pve but the execution was not that great. I truly believe if Overwatch does something similar to destiny with their character mechanics the game would be unbeatable.

Though I doubt they will ever do something like that.

Jan 10, 2018
A more interesting progression system that really makes players distinguish themselves. Unblockable rare colors that you can paint freely on your characters. Unique achievements that multiply your scores when you nail them perfectly. Things of that nature would be cool to see.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I want Overwatch 2 to be a visual novel that revolves around Mei's summer trip to a series of different beaches and hot springs.

And also no snipers and random arrows.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Get rid of Widowmaker. The amount of good Widowmakers I encounter at my level in both quick play and competitive is ridiculous. It just makes me want to smurf.

Oct 27, 2017
A better matchmaking system, quitters take the loss of sr for the whole team. A story that actually moves, better skins.

OP
OP
TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Feb 24, 2018
Also and I'm surpised this hasn't happened yet, an Omnic T-Rex that breaths fire or energy of some kind to be the Godzilla to Winston's King Kong (Winston's powers being electric based like Toho's King Kong can't be a coincidence). Tank, slow but powerful.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A coherent story and a Switch version
Jetpack cat, torb turn into complete engineer from TF2, nintendo port.
Let's be honest, if they were to scrap the PvP part & start over, Blizzard would probably go fully next-gen (thus making the power gap too wide for a Switch version to be possible).

To answer the OP's question, I'm not sure if there's anything I want that couldn't be realistically added to the original game via an update. Maybe replacing the loot boxes with battle passes, but the recent Role Queue update proved that Blizzard is still willing to make sweeping changes to a game over software updates. In short, I don't foresee an Overwatch 2 that replaces the game as we know it for a very long time.

Oct 25, 2017
PvE and Co-op stuff would be nice, but if it's anything close to the quality of the shit they put out now, then just stick to making the mp as good as possible, because their PvE content fucking sucks. More frequent and much better updates and events are what I'd really like to see.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
The original idea for Project: Titan and not some soulless monetization and esports driven hero shooter pay cow.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Zen lore.

I main lucio and sym but zen's situation is ridiculous, lucio isn't much better either

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
A game designed with the presumption that people will main heroes instead of the fantasy that players in pub games will swap heroes mid map to not only counter people on the other team, but also to match hero swaps on their on team.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Since they want the game to be based around hero switching the game needs to be worked from the ground up to encourage that. So that would mean a few things.

1. Reworking how Ultimates work or outright replacing them/removing them. You may be using a hero that isn't quite working but since you're at 60% Ult meter there's no way you're going to switch out without using the potentially game changing ultimate which just ends up pigeon holing everyone into sticking with their selected hero. The obvious solution is to allow for Ults to carry over.

I said a few things but that's all I can think of at the moment.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want a left 4 dead coop campaign, I want a full-blown singleplayer one. It's one of the only things that'll get me back.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
All sniper heroes get deleted and no new sniper heroes. Genji deleted.
Every child of Torbjörn gets made into a hero like Brigitte.
All Damage characters get reworked so there will only be tanks and support left.
Brigitte mandatory in every team. Stun cooldown reduced to 1s.
Mercy cooldown rez now functions like her old ult.
Bastion gets a shield. Pharah gets homing missiles.
I want the community to suffer.

Realistic
Every hero gets 5 active abilities.
Maps with real objectives like blow open vault -> steal documents -> deliver documents to extraction point
some pve and asymmetrical multiplayer content.
Some map interactivity
more than just 6v6 maybe 8v8 (2 tanks, 4 damage, 2 healer or something)