• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Can I request for forgiveness for wanting a port from the Game Boy Color period, where experimental games run high. and battery power run low...?

The first moment where I experienced Keitai Denjuu Telefang was a Chinese pirated copy. It was playable, but I ran out of AA batteries back then. It felt like I'm playing an RPG, and this was before I got the chance to play Pokemon Red / Blue / Green. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Gold, and it was in Japanese, so I had a hard time understanding the game. Well, the same applies to Telefang. All I know is that you have digital avatars stored on your cellphone, and you are able to level and upgrade your avatars through some fashion of battling.

That was all I know of. However, the songs were truly a blast. The composer of the Telefang series is by Kinuyo Yamashita, who created the music soundtrack for Castlevania series and the Mega Man X3 game.

This was the overworld theme. It really got me pumped.

And when I encountered a wild battle, I get this really upbeat kick.

And when I first picked up my T-Ranger device and had to go through a battle, it was just madness.

And the last level area has a really energetic BGM to go with the whole scenario of saving what you had:

I just wished that we get an official port, a localized port or something similar, to the West, so we get to play this game.

Last edited:

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I've always had a strange curiosity towards these games since the first time I saw someone play "Pokémon Diamond/Jade". It seemed like a very charming game. Wanted to play it myself, but I remember having issues with emulating the game when I tried it eons ago.

Have you had curry?

Oct 26, 2017
I think Imagineer owns Telefang now. They should get Jupiter maybe to reboot it on Switch. They did Fitness Boxing on Switch together and Jupiter did work on Pokemon spin-offs... :P