• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

If there's one more Mario theme, what do you want it to be (poll)?

What should the 6th theme be if one exists?

• SMB2 USA!!!

Votes: 215 38.7%
  • Yoshi's Island

Votes: 94 16.9%
  • Mario Land

Votes: 37 6.7%
  • Mario Odyssey's 2D sections but a full game.

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Mario Odyssey's mechanics in 2D, want 2D Cappy!

Votes: 62 11.2%
  • Mario 64, love the blocky polygons.

Votes: 53 9.5%
  • Mario Galaxy

Votes: 87 15.7%

• Total voters
Oct 16, 2018
Forget about the theme.

Bring every little thing from Mario 2 to the other themes. Those are nice, gameplay is not Mario, keep that shit, Doki Doki. There'll not be a day that I'll be happy to jump on a Shy Guy and ride it instead of stomping them in a Mario game.

But Birdo, Shy Guys, Wart, Mouser (oh mouser!)... bring them all!

Oct 28, 2017
Give me that Koitabe art style.

Good lord I had no idea Nintendo were still using this style in promotional stuff. Just looking at these sends me back to being 10 and spending all my time drawing pictures of Mario, getting excited whenever an instruction manual/box art/magazine had a new Koitabe style image for me to copy.

If they did a 2D Mario in this style I would weep.

My guess: It'll be Super Mario Bros. 2. Super Mario 3D World was separated from the other game styles and placed under another heading because 3D World's gameplay/creation tools are incompatible with the other game styles. A Super Mario Bros. 2 mode would fit right under that description as well.

there has to be something else and it has to be included in the game out-of-the-box due to the how the UI is set up, if they were adding something in post-release, paid DLC or whatever, then they could just shift it across when it's out rather than leave a gap.
i think all signs point to SMB2-USA especially when they stated that 3D World was too different to allow the usual quick change.