• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the 6th theme be if one exists?

• SMB2 USA!!!

Votes: 215 38.7%
  • Yoshi's Island

Votes: 94 16.9%
  • Mario Land

Votes: 37 6.7%
  • Mario Odyssey's 2D sections but a full game.

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Mario Odyssey's mechanics in 2D, want 2D Cappy!

Votes: 62 11.2%
  • Mario 64, love the blocky polygons.

Votes: 53 9.5%
  • Mario Galaxy

Votes: 87 15.7%

• Total voters

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Forget about the theme.

Bring every little thing from Mario 2 to the other themes. Those are nice, gameplay is not Mario, keep that shit, Doki Doki. There'll not be a day that I'll be happy to jump on a Shy Guy and ride it instead of stomping them in a Mario game.

But Birdo, Shy Guys, Wart, Mouser (oh mouser!)... bring them all!

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Give me that Koitabe art style.

srBT0nH.jpg

JMikfX3.jpg

Mskzh25.jpg

7AxfxYq.jpg
Good lord I had no idea Nintendo were still using this style in promotional stuff. Just looking at these sends me back to being 10 and spending all my time drawing pictures of Mario, getting excited whenever an instruction manual/box art/magazine had a new Koitabe style image for me to copy.

If they did a 2D Mario in this style I would weep.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I came in here to post SMB2 USA, but hesitated when I saw Yoshi's Island. Still voted SMB2, but man...Yoshi's Island would be awesome.

Tim Aza

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stockton, CA
My guess: It'll be Super Mario Bros. 2. Super Mario 3D World was separated from the other game styles and placed under another heading because 3D World's gameplay/creation tools are incompatible with the other game styles. A Super Mario Bros. 2 mode would fit right under that description as well.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
there has to be something else and it has to be included in the game out-of-the-box due to the how the UI is set up, if they were adding something in post-release, paid DLC or whatever, then they could just shift it across when it's out rather than leave a gap.
i think all signs point to SMB2-USA especially when they stated that 3D World was too different to allow the usual quick change.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Yoshi's Island would be bananas. It seems way too different.

I wouldn't say no, though.