• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
What people think the border wall will look like 10,15, 20 years after it is built
6706950-3x2-700x467.jpg

What it will actually look like
13412479_G.jpg

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
No leave it there, it will be a huge waste of money to build it, and an even bigger waste of money to tear it down. The wall is just stupid because it doesn't actually solve any real problem.

The problem with illegal immigration is way too complex to be solved by building an overly expensive stupid series of slats. Biggest waste of money supported by the party of "fiscal responsibility".

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
it would be great to turn it into a memorial monument with every lie and crime and failure that he committed written on the USA side of it in really big letters, as a sort of reminder not to fall for stupid again. and with a sign every 100 yards that it was built with money from you, the tax payers.

Last edited:

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
They won't even be able to get half of it done before Trump is out of office. Building a wall along the souther border is a MASSIVE (and ridiculously stupid) thing to even attempt. I don't think anyone even understands the size and scale of a project like this.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Well, that's been the Republican response towards anything Obama ever accomplished, so...

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There is a 0% chance the wall is built (ie. complete) during Trump's presidency. The actual construction process has to come after the engineering process, the land acquisition process, the design process, the tendering process, the geological surveying process, the excavation process, the material acquisition process, not to mention finding the labour force to complete a project of this scale. Speaking from my own experience (20+ years) in the construction industry, I'd say we're looking at minimum 5-6 years before even the geological surveying process could be complete. So, probably close to 12-15 years before this thing is built, and that's in a vacuum where there is no political or social pushback and/or other bigger expenses that would required funds to be diverted (ie. a war, an actual emergency of some sort, an economic collapse...etc). It would require Republicans, who agree with this wall, to maintain power for at least the next two decades for this wall to actually be built. There is no reality in which this happens.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
By god yes, spend whatever you have to to tear it down. You don't want another racist xenophobic republican president in the future spending more billions to repair/maintain the wall or replace sections. If we get another president like that, make him start over from scratch.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
part of the complaint about the wall is how big of a waste of money and other resources it is. Since Trump will never get any significant portion of his wall up, a better solution would be to just not maintain this steel slats and let them fall naturally. It'd be cheaper and the concept of his wall just withering away over time is more poetically beautiful IMO.
My name is Donald Trump, Dipshit of Dipshits;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain why the wall is a waste of money.

Yes it'll make it a bit harder to come from the southern border, but...

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Keep it up, but don't maintain it.

Let it be a symbol of an ineffectual vanity project that was just a huge waste of taxpayer money.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
If Trump "gets" his wall, it still won't actually exist for years. There will be nothing to tear down. Just cancel it.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course they shouldn't. It would be a waste of the money to take it down AND a waste of the money that had already been spent putting it up. There's nothing DIS-advantageous about the wall. At best it won't be as effective as hoped.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Even if he gets his wall at 5 billion, it'll end up being exactly the same as the current fence they have running through many portions of the border.
https://i./i/pix/2017/08/22/18/4377E77C00000578-4811294-image-a-43_1503422641669.jpg

And because Trump will award the contract to one of his cronies, they'll proably only get a few miles of fencing in place. They won't tear it down. Trump doesnt give a shit about the wall or that it's no different than what's in place..its that he can say "I BUILT A WALL DAMNIT"

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I actually think it's comical to imagine a time line where it gets built but Trump tries to rush it in 2-4 years and it's the biggest clusterfuck ever seen. Like not on time, made poorly by shitty contractors or vandalized during the year which delays it more or the cartel blowing c4 onto the wall just fuck with it. (secretly Trump radicals trying to start shit)

Or imagine they start it and it's like 5% done after all the years. You see like one wall put up and then miles in between the next piece etc all spread out like the lamest effort shit.

I hope someone makes a comedic movie out of this shit timeline. I'd watch it.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'll just make a third amendment (there's only two, yea?) to make it punishable by death to tear down Dear Leader's WallTM Copyright Trump TV.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
It's not like the Wall is going to have murals of Trump painted on the side or anything.

Ask yourself, really. Are you against the wall because it's a pointless waste of money, or are you against it because Trump wants it?

If you're against the wall because it's a pointless waste of money and accomplishes nothing, then spending the time and effort to tear it all down is also a pointless waste of money that accomplishes nothing. If you are just trying to spite Trump... I mean I kind of get it but that's also just a really petty way to live your life.
If he, somehow, is able to begin building it it absolutely needs to be torn down. It is a multi-billion dollar monument to xenophobia and racism. Letting it stand in any way is wholly unacceptable if we even want to pretend like the U.S. stands for what we say we do.

I don't think it'll cost that much to have it torn down. I'm sure millions of citizens, like myself, will fucking do it. Grind it into dust.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
depends on what the "the wall" would actually be. extensions of existing barriers and a few fences so the sob can make a victory lap, it's whatever, leave it be. some emblematic monument to trumpism tear it down i guess but that'd be a further waste of money

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, and Roger Waters will probably perform The Wall live at the border to celebrate it's destruction.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
As long as we tear it down while he's alive, i don't have a problem wasting that money, i want see him have a temper tantrum,and go on a racist tirade...the least racist person in the world as he claims..

Last edited:

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
No. If they waste teh money putting it up it's already up and now will cost money to take down... at that point is there some sort of harm that hasn't already been done that it will erase by taking ti down? If at that point the harm cannot be undone, why spend the mmoney taking it down. Just don't maintain it at that point and don't waste more money on it.

Nope because the cost of maintaining the stupid thing in perpetuity with FAR OUTWEIGH the cost of tearing it down

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Why not just let it rot? It could be the first ruins of the American civilization. After Cleveland that is.

I've been to Cleveland. I agree.

Trump wants this to be his legacy. That's why he's being so pigheaded about it. Nobody is going to build a statue of him so he wants his wall to be his "look what I've done for America" tribute. The Great Wall of Trump is going to be his glorious achievement. That's why tearing it down would be so sweet.

But even if they build it, it wouldn't be a wall. It would be a fence.

And you can't even paint a mural on it, cause its a fucking fence