• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
As a Brit outsider, I don't really have a grasp on American standing as a whole within regards to it's national security risk propositions for America and what would happen in the next scenario in the case of a former president. If Trump really does flee the country and decides it to be Russia, what could honestly happen in that event if it really does happen ? Would authorities prevent him from boarding his jet to Russia ? If he managed to get to Russia, what would the new administration do in order to prevent him posing further risk to national security ? Or is this all guesswork that isn't worth the time thinking about ?

May 26, 2018
No one could stop him. He'd leave while still President on some diplomatic mission to Alderaan and then he'd just never come back.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
As a Brit outsider, I don't really have a grasp on American standing as a whole within regards to it's national security risk propositions for America and what would happen in the next scenario in the case of a former president. If Trump really does flee the country and decides it to be Russia, what could honestly happen in that event if it really does happen ? Would authorities prevent him from boarding his jet to Russia ? If he managed to get to Russia, what would the new administration do in order to prevent him posing further risk to national security ? Or is this all guesswork that isn't worth the time thinking about ?

He's not a prisoner, he can go wherever he wants. And what is america going to do if he spills his guts to russia? They aren't going to invade russia to get to him.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Putin isn't dumb enough to keep Trump around when he has no influence on America government anymore.

When useful idiots become useless, they are discarded.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't one of the intelligence services "silence" him?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's a single country in the world who would want to pay the political cost of harboring a fleeing former US President who possesses god knows what information about the US's national security.

One way or another, Trump would be brought back to the US.

MrOblong

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's a single country in the world who would want to pay the political cost of harboring a fleeing former US President who possesses god knows what information about the US's national security.

One way or another, Trump would be brought back to the US.
Russia are harbouring Edward Snowden. I think they'd love to keep a former US president as a pet. How embarrassing for America, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Trump isn't fleeing anywhere. He has an army of lawyers to fight any financial crimes he may or may not be pursued for, and despite his lack of actual business acumen he has a LAYUP of a goldmine to milk every dollar out of his MAGA army pockets for the next 10 years.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Kidding? The head of your enemy's nationalist death cult with tens of millions of followers? Even if he isn't President anymore that's a huge asset. Just give him a mic.

feel like him fleeing would end that. you cant really scream america is great while in Russia.

motherfucker didnt even read his intel briefings.

more worried if other high ranking pieces of garbage fled with him, but we already had garbage like Flynn flee anyhow. Wouldn't be surprised if the Intel community treated Trump differently than other Presidents.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Russia doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US, so they would have no legal obligation, and would certainly have no political motivation, to hand him over. He'd become a pawn for Russia's business with the US like Snowden, except much much more valuable. He'd probably be able to leave easily if he really wants to, he's got his own 757 after all

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trump will be so tangled up in court until death, he won't bother running away. Probably have a side gig in news or some shit.

As for Putin, Trump kids could be useful as a brand if the GOP continue to be mental in control of the Republican party so I wouldn't bet on him discarding him just like that. A thorn is still a thorn in the US.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Congress should also revoke Trump's secret service protection as well as pensions, etc. that former presidents get. He deserves nada.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
First of all: nobody really knows, you're asking a bunch of randos on the internet about something that's so unprecedented that we're all just speculating and theorycrafting.

That said, if we're speculating, I could see a few outcomes. I could see a CIA assassination, probably shortly after landing: it'd presumably be risky and blow some covers, but less bad than letting a President spill his guts to Putin. Then again, this is Trump we're talking about: it wouldn't surprise me if the IC has determined that his retention and comprehension are so lacking that he's not actually much of a resource for Russia.

I could even see Trump not making it to Russia. Yeah, he's the President, but if a lame duck with known Russian ties tries to make a surprise midnight "diplomatic" trip, the Air Force One pilot could very well have standing orders to "encounter mechanical difficulties" on this side of the Atlantic. Or even something blatant. It's not Constitutional, it's frankly a military coup, but... I think they'd get away with it.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
That would certainly be awkward for the Secret Service that has to protect him for the rest of his life! Sounds like an 80's sitcom pitch.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Trump is POTUS he has full authority to view any classified or confidential documents or assets within the United States. Let's say he goes to Russia with the idea of maybe telling them what things the US Military is working on. It would be enticing for any country to get their hands on them. He could literally tell Putin what they are working on at Area 51 or future dealings with infrastructure design. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if intelligence agencies within the United States have some form of contingency if a President was willing to go and hide in foreign countries with the desire of safety in exchange for national secrets.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking more of a literal cult. Jim Jones meets Rajneeshpuram but with Trump as the orange reincarnation of christ surrounded by ass kissing sycophants.

Oct 25, 2017
NK would probably be the exception because they just don't give a damn.
China and Russia are smart enough to not want him once he is out the door without power.

NK though I mention as a joke could actually use Trump though to their benefit.
Have Trump there let him build a few buildings and resorts for the military a ruling class, let him live above the peasants...
meanwhile sell the message that him and Kim are rebuilding that nation together.
Bam Trump's cult suddenly gets NK a 20%-30% favorability in the US, and you have them losers trying to come there on vacation.

I honestly can't picture Trump being welcomed many places he'd actually want to live in.

I also wonder if he does go live out his life somewhere like Russia how does his lifetime secret service protection work.

Edit: thinking about it though, he could still be useful to Russia.
Set him up there and let him claim injustice, discrimination and conspiracies at his cult and keep backing it up with their cyber-ops like they have been.
It won't be as much as with him being President(30ish%) but they might keep a number of crazy people ready to do shit.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IF he flees, he'd be in Putin's good graces until he spills everything to the Kremlin. After that, he just won't be heard of again and presumed dead.

But given his age, health, and how long it takes for justice to usually occur in the states, I doubt he'd flee. He'll likely be dead in a few years due to his health; good chance he won't see a minute in jail.

I could more realistically see one of his kids having a permanent move out of country. They are all young enough where they should live long lives and will want to run instead of risking a significant chunk of their lives in jail.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking more of a literal cult. Jim Jones meets Rajneeshpuram but with Trump as the orange reincarnation of christ surrounded by ass kissing sycophants.
I doubt that. Trump doesn't have a cult IMHO, he is just the megaphone for right-wing agenda based corporations, individuals, and outlets. Like, we all know a lot of republicans hated him prior to 2016 but totally 180'd because he is being used by them. He can just say whatever he wants because he will agree to things that will give him praise like stacking courts in favor or right wing candidates, to allowing corporations to pollute more, to allowing billionaires to acquire more, etc. He does this because those individuals praise him through outlets like Fox News, various "news" publications, websites, endorsements, to parroting his talking points on Twitter. He thrives off this and so if they praise him they get what he wants. When he's out of the oval office, he won't get that anymore at this degree because his usefulness has ended. The right-wing political machine will shift to somewhere else (most likely blaming Democrats for all the problems), and he'll slink away with his tiny base of whatever on Twitter.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the IC is on the ball with the Trump admin they've probably noted everything they've showed Trump and his stooges like Kushner, with red flags and reduced the fallout as much as possible over the years.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he left and said fuck you they would know what he is up to while he is on the plane, invoke the 25th and turn the plane around

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
There's no way we'd send any forces in to Russia. If Trump goes there and chooses not to come back on his own, nobody's going to be able to make him.

At least NY could go after him and start seizing his assets - I'm sure he owes them plenty of unpaid taxes that they'd love to get back.
It was not meant as a serious comment. Assuming this situation did arise and they felt that he was a security risk, the US would also not need to send in the military to keep track of him in another country.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trump isn't fleeing anywhere. He has an army of lawyers to fight any financial crimes he may or may not be pursued for, and despite his lack of actual business acumen he has a LAYUP of a goldmine to milk every dollar out of his MAGA army pockets for the next 10 years.
At least that's money they wouldn't be putting into GOP donations.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Trump would have a tough time as President slipping away from the Secret Service to abscond to Russia. One of the things I learned from Trump's COVID car-ride was while the Secret Service can't refuse orders that put themselves in harm's way, they can refuse orders by the President that would put himself in danger. He couldn't simply say "I want to go to Russia" and expect the Secret Service to go along with it. He'd have to get away from his handlers and sneak out of the country undetected, which would be pretty hard for him to do.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
We'll abduct him mid-flight, Bane style.
bane-gif-19.gif

May 26, 2018
Trump would have a tough time as President slipping away from the Secret Service to abscond to Russia. One of the things I learned from Trump's COVID car-ride was while the Secret Service can't refuse orders that put themselves in harm's way, they can refuse orders by the President that would put himself in danger. He couldn't simply say "I want to go to Russia" and expect the Secret Service to go along with it. He'd have to get away from his handlers and sneak out of the country undetected, which would be pretty hard for him to do.

He wouldn't have to sneak. He'd just make it a safe diplomatic mission to meet with Putin. No biggie.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Want I want to know is if Trump flees to Russia, would the US government keep his family as political prisoners. I mean he would be leaving so much behind of if he just left by himself.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Want I want to know is if Trump flees to Russia, would the US government keep his family as political prisoners. I mean he would be leaving so much behind of if he just left by himself.

I think people are overthinking this.

If Trump is a literal russian spy, he's already giving them classified information, he doesn't need to physically be in russia to do this. America is not going to kidnap his family or assassinate him. I'd be pretty surprised if they even charge him with the countless financial crimes he's committed.