• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
I just had this thought that they're sitting on a gold mine that they should be releasing right now. I saw that a couple plague/quarantine-related movies (Pandemic, and can't remember the name of the other one) were trending on Netflix.

Aside from the fact that everyone is sitting at home playing games right now, people are "getting into the theme" so to speak, and it seems foolish for Ubisoft not to try to capitalize on that. Just a thought.

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
Then it would be unfinished, releasing new info can happen though & would be smart indeed.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Pretty sure the game is still in development and that getting it done would be a bigger priority than releasing it just to cash in on the current goings-on 🤔

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
yeah Ubisoft, just release it right now. def that simple.

Just press the "release game" button

Dec 14, 2017
Actually I think they're smart not to release it now, for business it won't make such an impact to counter the bad press it would Garner in the long run. And edit; seems it's not even close to being finished, I thought it was just a siege expansion

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a knock to OP in particular but this pandemic has made me realize how crazy people can be when it comes to product development

Like to most people just assume things are arbitrarily held back until their launch date or something? I don't get it. Games can't just be released on a whim, neither can movies or any other product that isn't finished

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Well they did delay it with the sole intention of making it better, so I would prefer if they stuck to that... don't need anyrush to market shit shows like breakpoint (the game that was literally their breakpoint when it came to them realising they couldn't continue the way they've been going)

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I thought it was a DLC mode for Siege. Honestly don't understand what it is but it didn't look like a new game to me.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Wouldn't it be smarter for them to consider changing the name of the game?

feels risky to use Quarantine right now,. considering the press and the sentiment of fear going around

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Can't just push the game out but a trailer might do numbers right now if they could get one together.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Is going to happen for every single game coming out? A "they should just release it now" thread?

Solaire

Oct 29, 2017
If you were smart you would stop with these dumb ass "X should release unfinished game rite now because of the quarantine!! !" threads

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
All these companies just sitting on games that have been done for years smh

Can't believe Valve finished Half Life Alyx 10 years ago and have just been waiting for headsets to sell enough.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Sony even bothering with the ps5? If they were smart, they would release the PS6.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Sometimes I wonder if some member of ERA are just disguised mods which create that kind of threads just to ban people who will antagonise OP.
And I prefer to believe that's the truth rather than what it probably is...

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft already has the Division and they arent even hyping it (nor should they I guess).
I'm playing it now and every now and then it gets weird when you think about the state of things (audio logs of ppl making fun of surgical masks and thinking they'll never get the virus)

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Releasing an unfinished version of the game would likely have a larger negative impact for them than the boost it would receive from having the word "Quarantine" in the title. Also, they would surely receive negative press for rushing out an unfinished game just to cash in on a global health crisis.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Another not-so-brilliant idea

"The movie studio should have released Godzilla during the Fukishima meltdown."

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys get it, it has Quarantine in the title.

I have a degree in Marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.