• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There's an animation YouTube channel known as 98Demake that's been making animations for what if modern games were made in 1998. They aren't actual games and are just animation projects (and fake CD covers), but they put some real attention to detail and the channel has been slowly growing. I thought this deserved a topic on ResetEra.

You can find the channel in question here.

And here are a few of the demakes they've done so far:

BioShock:

Resident Evil 7:

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Dead Rising:

And one year exception they recently did was Cuphead in 1992:

There's several more already on the YouTube channel, but I think it's an interesting little venture that's fun to see, and they've been consistent in releasing at least one new episode every couple of weeks so far. I'm curious how the channel may grow over time right now since it's a rather recent start-up and you can already see improvement between the first few videos and the newer set of videos, and it's starting to get a bit of attention.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
They should stick to 3d games, that cuphead one was an insult to the Gameboy and studio MDHR.

The Deadrising one actually looks pretty cool.