• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Take Ryu out of it. Who is the second most iconic fighting game character?

• Akuma

• Chun Li

• Sub-Zero

• Scorpion

• Kyo

• Terry

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Gotta be scorpion or subzero, either of the og mk ninjas. Just something that's been in the lifeblood of fighting games conciousness since the beginning, just like ryu.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If you know Ryu, you know Ken. They're like 1A and 1B. Chun Li probably follows, then Scorpion/Sub-Zero which is basically a Ken/Ryu situation.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
hpwR7ad.jpg

...But Scorpion is winning? This is some Berenstein Bears level of shenanigans.

Sub-zero was more popular than Scorpion back in the day, but it always seemed like Netherrealm always pushed Scorpion to be the star in the later years.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely Scorpion and it's not even really close. I would argue Scorps probably eclipses Ryu in some situations, too.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely chun-li. I doubt scorpion is nearly as well known outside the west, as he is in the west

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I think it depends on the region.

If it were the US, then I'd have to guess Scorpion, but in Latin America I bet it would be Terry.

Oct 27, 2017
Scorpion/Sub-Zero, at least in America. MK is pretty damn popular here. I voted Scorpion because he's in the NRS logo but Sub-Zero is equally iconic imo.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Strongest woman in the world, original waifu, supercop, 5 time Smackdown champion, Chun-Li.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
It's absolutely Scorpion. I like Chun Li more, but if you don't think it's Scorpion you're in denial.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Chun for sure. Scorpion is a close second overall.

I'd say Blanka or Guile could be in the top 5 mix.

Big Tom

Aug 5, 2019
UK
First one that came to mind was Chun Li. Completely forgot about Scorpion, but I don't really play fighting games.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
voting for Terry lol I love the man but when you had folks complaining about who he is when he got announced in smash should tell you everything.