• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Take Ryu out of it. Who is the second most iconic fighting game character?

• Akuma

• Chun Li

• Sub-Zero

• Scorpion

• Kyo

• Terry

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
fighting-game-list-thumb-768x432.jpg

I've been wondering this, does Street Fighter hold the No. 1 and 2 most iconic fighters? Is it Chun Li? Guile? Ken? The demon himself, Akuma?

Or, does No. 2 fall to a different game and/or company. Is it Terry? Or Kyo?

The popularity of Mortal Kombat can't be denied. Perhaps the true answer is Sub-Zero? Scorpion?

Tekken is still a thing, and Heihachi Mishima would like to have a word with you. Or Jin Kazama?

Perhaps it's someone I'm not thinking of?

I'm tired of Ryu putting a quick end to these discussions, so let's take him out of it. Who's the second most iconic?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Chun-Li or Ken.

Edit: Yeah actually Scorpion. Not sure how I ignored that.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scorpion or Chun Li

Probably Scorpion in the west, Chun Li worldwide.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think answers will be different depending on where you're from, but for me growing up in America, it would be either Chun Li or Scorpion.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
NGL, I read the title as "if we take Ryu out, who is the next most iconic street fighter character" and was baffled when I saw Scorpion and Sub Zero on the poll

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Probably Scorpion, although Jin Kazama was the first to come to mind because I'm a big Tekken fan.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I'd wager most of the SFII cast are more recognized than just about anyone on this list outside of Scorpion.

Chun-Li then Ken then Scorpion then Guile.

Kamion

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
For me personally I can't really picture how Scorpion looks just be reading his name. Something that's easy for Chun Li.

Guess it's regional as well?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not Kyo or Terry. Your other options are all solid though. I think something like

Chun Li = Ken > Scorpion = Sub Zero > Akuma

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion and Sub Zero come as a pair, but they're definitely up there. It's between them and Chun-Li.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi is probably in with a shout. Let's not forget how massive Tekken was during the PS1 and PS2 era.

Nov 15, 2017
Came here to say Mario and see if anyone else would say the same. Was not disappointed.

In a strictly fighting games character sense however I'd go with Scorpion.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Geese Howard
Scorpion/Sub Zero/Reptile etc
Chun Li
Mai
Terry
Cammy
M Bison
Shao Khan
Raiden
Heihachi