• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
What will make it better? I'm actually asking. I'm so tired and it's been so long, and once I would have said I'm hurting but I think I've flat out lost all capacity for feeling so I legitimately mean this: what makes it better?

Take a break, my guy. Seek out help if you need it; never feel like you can't ask for help. Enjoy the pleasures of life. :)

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
its-a-wonderful-life-gif.gif

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
at first i thought i would without question, but there is one thing that makes me say no even if my life right now is literally just pain.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a pretty tough questions, especially for people in depressive episodes where you "feel" like nothing and feel nothing for days/weeks/months on end. Having the option to actually just be "nothing" and experience nothing can be tempting in terms of this thought experiment, but it is way too close to suicidal idealization than I'm comfortable with.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
What will make it better? I'm actually asking. I'm so tired and it's been so long, and once I would have said I'm hurting but I think I've flat out lost all capacity for feeling so I legitimately mean this: what makes it better?

OP I thought you were high or something creating this topic and having a stoned existential crisis.

If you're suicidal try and speak to someone. The desire to exist is largely in the mind. We all make our own worth out of the day to day, whatever our circumstances.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Despite the increase in quality of life overall compared to past centuries, the decline of Mental health for society as a whole is seriously concerning. Can't really say much without knowing how everyone's truly feeling, but what I can say is that life is worth it, and you have to hang in there.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
OP I think you would benefit from professional psychiatric and/or psychological help if you are having thoughts like this. Not a joke

Apr 24, 2018
The last decade has been rough for me from a career and professional perspective and sometimes I get down and frustrated, thinking that maybe things will never really change/get better for me. Then I think of my amazing parents who've done so much for me and all of my really close friends, plus awesome things like videogames, that I would have never gotten to experience had I never existed.

Invariable come to the conclusion that as bad things seem, I really do have a lot to be grateful for, even if for certain reasons it doesn't feel like it.

Oct 25, 2017
No.

To everyone saying yes: please talk to someone.

The answer is different for every person. You have to find your own thing that gives you purpose. For me it was studying—when I quit work and went back to school everything began to fall into place.

When you're in a hole it can feel impossible to get out. But when you do get out you look back and can't believe you were ever in that hole in the first place. You just have to start climbing and keep climbing regardless of how insurmountable it all seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.