• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too familiar with Superman's powers but I don't think he would have the power to detect where the nukes are hidden, especially in China who are rumored to be hiding thousands of them in the mountains.

Someone will have access to them, even if you topple the higher ups.

Then again, that's how supervillains are born!
Unless hidden by lead, Superman can see all radiation if he chooses to, so he could just look for huge batches of radioactivity. Or more realistically, look for huge swaths of area he couldn't see through to know someone is hiding some shit.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
No, I would go into seclusion in all honesty. Maybe to a few banks for easy living, but that's the height of my villainy.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
He has super hearing, microscopic and telescopic vision, and some versions even have superior intellect. There is no information he can't discern given enough time.
You underestimate Superman's speed. This is a guy who flew 25 lightyears in five minutes. Every nuke could launch at the same exact time and he'd still be more than fast enough to stop them all, either via flying around and crushing them or blasting huge swaths of them with heat vision from orbit.

Lol I guess this is why this scenario is difficult. I feel like Superman could either be a strong superhero with super speed or an omnipotent God depending on who is writing him.

If it's the latter then yeah, I could see myself controlling the world. I'm already God.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'd rule the world, but I could see myself ignoring some due process when it comes to genocidal dictators and the like.

Ruuppa

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather try to get the whole world united against me: Nothing like a common, super-powered, enemy to get those alliances going.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Too much work. I wouldn't like the attention either.

But I might use the powers to steal stuff so that I can live comfortably without doing any real work.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
No, I already have absolute power taking over the world wouldn't give me anything.

I'd more likely fuck off and explore the galaxy than stay in this dump.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, maybe not the world, maybe a country or two, definitely would do whatever I want though...

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, probably. Not a Superman story, but X-Men related when the Phoenix split into five X-Men and they became the Phoenix 5. They pretty much did what they wanted to, but they were getting shit done, as in less crime, poverty, sickness, etc. I feel like they should have dove into that plot more because it was interesting. Of course the Avengers weren't having that so it became back to business as usual with people suffering.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, probably. Not a Superman story, but X-Men related when the Phoenix split into five X-Men and they became the Phoenix 5. They pretty much did what they wanted to, but they were getting shit done, as in less crime, poverty, sickness, etc. I feel like they should have dove into that plot more because it was interesting. Of course the Avengers weren't having that so it became back to business as usual with people suffering.
Didn't help that it all took place in a crossover where literally one issue out of the 12 issue run was actually good.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
First try to influence it without directly doing so by being a symbol and all that while trying to maintain a "civilian life" but seeing idiots continue to make the same mistakes over and over again and things continue to go to shit and end up saying "fuck it" and taking over for the better good... Or end up snapping and throwing the moon into the Earth or the Earth into the sun depending on which version of base Superman I have the powers of, hoping Silver Age for maximum batshit super power insanity.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would go heat vision the faces off certain world leaders on live tv to get my point across. But that's all. The rest will be all about positivity... or else.

I think monthly a demonstration would be needed Involving criminals lined up and flying through them all at high speed, gore flying everywhere. Something cool for YouTube fans to watch during daily required worship sessions in my honor.

Nothing too life altering.

Oct 25, 2017

There's a reason comics never really address stuff like that on a wide scale - it's never sustainable with heroes alone because then it becomes their full time job and they can't have frivolous wacky adventures anymore. Heroes have to get regular people to do those things and give them incentive to sustain it.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely, I'm conceited enough to believe I could do it. I'd start off by making a nation in the Atlantic and nurture it into an economic superpower, then use it as a platform for global influence. If that doesn't work, I'll just beat everyone into submission.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Without question. But only enough to ensure I lived in the lap of luxury and didn't have to actually work for anything anymore.

As long as they provided me more own private island and anything I so desired I won't lay waste to their countries. Fuck actually helping people outside of forcing governments to do something about climate change and pollution because I'm gonna live a long time and I want the Earth to be around.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Nope, become a hero. Help out in disasters getting people to safety, and such. Would not interfere in world conflicts unless it threatened civilians.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
Nope, I'd just eat pizza all day everyday since I could easily lose the weight.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but id establish a one world government afterward.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I suppose a power unchecked would appear to rule the world through fear by default, assuming I go about killing criminals or lobotomizing them with heat vision, or throwing them into prisons without trial, but thats not something I would want to do. Im no Justice Lord.

Oct 25, 2017
No, why would I.
I could just do whatever I want anyway while letting other people do the whole boring "managing countries" part.
What would I even do after taking over the world, sitting in a throne all day? Seems pointless to be honest.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
There are people in place you could use for that rather than full on controlling every angle of politics yourself.

Just pick politicians you like and let them run it.

"Uhh..I Barrack Obama have decided to run for a third term seeing as how Superman came to my home and threatened to melt Michelle with his eyes and drop a volcano on my hometown."

Yes and what would you know about the politicians in a country that you know nothing about politically?

How would you ensure that they are doing a good job? There are 195 countries, even if you appoint a politician to run each, you still have to oversee all of them and ensure that who you picked is doing a good job.

While being the actual world police.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
i would fly into fox and friends every morning, the people of earth would aspire to something greater

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Ala "Red son"?

Only if Luther wasn't around and I need to remember to drop braniac into a black hole this time.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
No, that would be work. Living off the land would be easy, and I'd never be in real danger, so I'd just go off exploring. If I got bored of this planet, there are others.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably get the fuck outta here.

farnsworth_idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.gif

I'd travel through the universe, looking for hot alien babes to score with.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
I'd force humanity into submission after ww3, which I would win easily, abolish the UN and then declare myself the eternal prince of planet earth. I'd solve the biggest problems like poverty through tyranny, force rich humans to help poor humans. I'd come up with 5 year plans called Earth Restoration projects, strict deadlines to meet certain goals. If not met, I'd laser more humans into oblivion.

Tyranny will force humans to work together and come up with solutions, because it's affecting everybody.

After we fix poverty, environment etc we go to the stars.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'd make Darth Vader look like a passive-aggressive office temp. There would be some televised violence. My will be done. Amen.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't rule directly... too much work.

I would get rid of problematic people and tell the rest to stop being shitheads or else.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. If you had a lifetime to mold humanity into your vision, why wouldn't you? Society is fucked at the moment. Human and civil rights. Massive wealth inequality. Famines. These are all solvable problems with the resources that exist on Earth. It would be extremely difficult, but you could at least try if you had his powers.