• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aegis Renfro

Jan 11, 2018
Agents of Mayhem count? I mean, that Korea doesn't exist unless Saint's Row IV and Gat Out of Hell happen.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn. Would have found a safe spot to spend few hours daily watching the cool robots dinosaurs using a binocular from a safe distance. Who knows if I could eventually pet one of those.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers for a recent game from this year.
The Outer Worlds. Earth is gone, and the capitalist hell in Halcyon is all you've got left. Not to mention Halcyon itself is slowly moving towards a potential apocalyptic event as well. I'd pick this one if only because I love how absurdly oppressive the world is, and how god damn satisfying it'd be to shoot a corporate stooge with a shrink ray.

I'd very likely die in minutes.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
If the theory that pokemon takes place on a time after a World war 3 level war happened pans out, i choose pokemon.

Oct 29, 2017
Destiny.

I'll take being a space-magic wielding immortal zombie, for sure.

(Technically post apocalypse setting, for those who haven't played it)

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
Does stuff like Zelda and Enslaved really count? Although they are all technically post-apocalypse for story reasons, they don't seem to draw from the aesthetics or themes that post-apocalypse settings usually bring to the table.

Anyhow, the obvious answer is any Katamari Damacy game. Don't you DARE claim that the antics of the King of all Cosmos aren't apocalyptic in nature and scale.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Deus Ex: Invisible War (the game ok) is both modern and livable. Easy choice. Illuminati for life.
Here is a list for the undecided (the fun-pocalyptic Zeldas made it on it):

The last Berserk game quite didn´t reach the apocalypse. The post-Fantasia world is one of the worst in fiction, especially by fantasy standards. I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is pretty much the worst gaming world then.
Edit: Kingdom Hearts‎ is on the list! WOW.

Last edited:

Sevacro

Oct 4, 2019
The only post apocalyptic game that I can think of is fallout 3. Welp, recommend me some games...

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Mad Max. It's basically just the outback as I know it but with all the foreign backpackers having established their own religions and groups instead of working on farms for their visas lol