• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much what the title says. Death Stranding has gotten me thinking about the different apocalyptic settings in games.

Hard mode, no Splatoon.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
If if I could choose a specific place, the strip from New Vegas. Excellent security with House's robots. If I was employed there I might be ok, except the cannibal hotel.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 2 and no it doesn't break the rules because you said no Splatoon, implying the first game, but you never said no Splatoon 2... Boom lawyered. šŸ˜

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Splatoon. Get to dress up fashionably and get into ink paintball fights about trivial arguements like what's better, cats or dogs.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's fun to think about how most Zelda games are set in a post-apocalyptic world but it's usually a different apocalypse each time

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
SMT IV world

If you are not killed and the major force don't decide a genocide path you can have a pretty good life with your fellow demon friends

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn. I get to live along side robot dinos. It would mostly be mortally dangerous, but also kind of cool if I could ride around on a robotic horse.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ff14 ARR is far enough from its apocalypse that it's basically just a mostly fantasy world.

Breath of the Wild seems nice too, though I don't think I'd be able to travel much there because of bandits and guardians. Otherwise, it looks like a quiet and peaceful life... At least until Link shows up and fights Ganon I guess.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn's POST-post apocalypse is pretty awesome.

Reasonably well established cities/tribes, cool Robo animals, clean air/water/nature.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
According to Pokemon Omega Ruby, the Hoenn region survived two different apocalypses in ancient times.

So I go with that. Sure, it's cheating, but so are half the other responses in this thread.
Hard mode, no Splatoon.
I mean, Splatoon would kinda suck because you'd be the only human.

Last edited:

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
Skies of Arcadia's world is technically post-apocalyptic, so I'll go with that one.

I'd probably fall off an island to my death after a few days or so, but oh well.

Oct 26, 2017
I suppose technically Wind Waker but it's a world that has fully rebuilt itself after its apocalyptic event so it feels a bit like cheating. Honestly, unless I have superhuman abilities, I'd feel hesitant about living in any post apocalyptic world

BOTW. I can take out those stupid bokoblins easy. The world is also nice
Unless you got some armor...and combat skills, you're gonna be taken out in a hit, maybe two if you're lucky

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Its been a while so I might could remember wrong but isnt megaman legends world post apocalyptic? That seems like a a pretty friendly place.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose technically Wind Waker but it's a world that has fully rebuilt itself after its apocalyptic event so it feels a bit like cheating. Honestly, unless I have superhuman abilities, I'd feel hesitant about living in any post apocalyptic world

Unless you got some armor...and combat skills, you're gonna be taken out in a hit, maybe two if you're lucky
Nah just a sword. I'm talking the basic ones tho. I'd just avoid the tougher ones lol

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Give me a Focus and my current knowledge of tech and I wouldn't mind being in Horizon Zero Dawn. Life is tough but it would be interesting with the robots walking about.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Atelier Dusk. Melancholy but not depressing, and their music scene is sweet.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Hmmm gonna go with Shin Megami Tensei.

Most post apocalyptic game worlds are gonna meet my criteria of "the working like a dog corporate world is over" so thats good, and then SMT has demons. So before I get murdered and all I can at least be hanging out with crazy insane demons and maybe befriend some and have a good time. Or I'll get murdered super quick so you know, but I have a chance of reasoning with them. God damn you now I wanna play SMT.

Anything with radiation poisoning being a common things is a no go cause that's fucking awful. I'm also not down for running from zombies all the time, I'm not in shape for that.

Last edited: