• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Pay off all debts.

Donate to my church so they can start building the new one (they've been raising money in the last few months).

Donate to charity

Buy all the greatest tech made :p

Last edited:

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Before i tell anyone other than my wife;

Hire a Lawyer

Then

Claim the ticket
Head up north to my cabin until everything blows over

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I would buy something I have wanted a long time but could never justify buying. A g-sync 1440p monitor lol. Of course I would get a lawyer and all that shit that's obvious but after the initial shock I would get the monitor. Then after it all sinks in I would get a monster rig and a 4k gsync lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
all i want is an old person bathtub

so i guess id order one

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
0. Hire and consult with a lawyer/accountant
1. Pay off all debt
2. Notify my closest family members and share some of the wealth with them
3. Travel the world

Then make more long-term plans when I get home.

Edit: Lawyered up.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Hire a law firm with top rated estate planners, tax lawyers, financial/banking advisors

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Quit my job, pay off my car, start looking to move closer to my son.

Most importantly though, I'd start taking steps to ensure his future.

HierArch

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Scrub every detail about me off the internet. Legally change my name. Wait a few days before I had to turn in my ticket for some of the hype to die down. Then simply try not to die.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Once the money is in my account I would get a motorcycle and just drive into the sunset across this grand country with just my camera and lenses...

...but practical me would set everything up so I was as financially responsible as I could possibly be before setting out.

Last edited:

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Buy my mum and bros a place each. My bros would still have to work however depending on the wage they make I would add a chunk onto it each month.

I would go into part time work in a job that I'm not too happy with and with a basic wage and all that. Maybe seasonal work.

In all honesty I don't think it would be that much different than it is now except with more holidays, nicer house and a collection of cars.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toot on all the joints. I would donate to charity, help out all my family and friends, and spend the rest of my days laughing with loved ones and volunteering

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
1) Payoff all debts

2) Continue to live as I am now, except I'd live in a home instead of a tiny townhouse.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Buy a house. Just walk into a real estate office and buy it on the spot. Move into that house the same day and start planning what i'm going to do next.

Oct 30, 2017
1) Pay off bills
2) Buy a house. Not a flashy one. But one away from people. (Or id go full "I'm rich bitch" and buy a rich ass condo downtown cause fuck it.)
3) Make sure my parents and my best friend are taken care of.
4) Build a bad ass new computer.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
It's such a vast amount of money that it is almost too much. You would need to hire a large team of people to manage it, but what average person knows someone who can manage that amount of money and has the connections to bring on the team you would need? People say hire a lawyer, but who would you even contact, some local lawyer from the phone book?

Dragonelite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Go to my boss and hand him over my resignation letter, pay off my house enjoy life and write open source software or start a small game studio with some folks.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Tax consultant and a lawyer, because I expect them to help me planing out everything. I'm pretty sure that I'd be way too overwhelmed with that much money, otherwise.

No clue what I would actually do with that much money. All I currently really want is to live a simple life, with a nice enough home, maybe a nicer car and then I'd worry about providing help to my loved ones. I would also absolutely look into charity, project funding, important research and other things that would benefit others. It actuallly makes me depressed, when I hear the stories of millionaires/billionaires and how they spend their money on absolutely ridiculous and completely useless stuff.

But I have heard the stories about money changing people (yourself and others), so I'm gonna be honest and say that I actually have no clue what would happen in reality... and that is a really scary thought for me.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Hide in a bunker until I have that secure. With my luck a plane would crash into my house before I could claim it.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
It's such a vast amount of money that it is almost too much. You would need to hire a large team of people to manage it, but what average person knows someone who can manage that amount of money and has the connections to bring on the team you would need? People say hire a lawyer, but who would you even contact, some local lawyer from the phone book?

Yeah that's the hard part. I'd probably just type law firm in Google maps, center my view on midtown Manhattan and pick a large/known firm to call

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Pay off house
Get the cracked tiles in the kitchen fixed
Bankroll dad's cancer treatment
Buy a new Kindle maybe? I don't know, my 2011 one works fine, but I figure 'treat yo self' and all that.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Quit my job, buy my mom a house, and get my grandma better nursing care. After that I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.