1. SpottieO

SpottieO
    Member OP

This is all kind of in flux right now. What appears to be happening is that any Epic account that has logged in to Fortnite on a PS4 cannot be used on Switch. What this means is that no progression will carry over to Switch, all skins and battlepasses are tied to your PS4.

I assume we will get an update from Epic at some point soon.

2. TheYanger

TheYanger

It's been like this with xbox as well. It's not new. It's Sony literally holding your Fortnite shit hostage if you ever so much as touched a ps4 with your epic account.

3. btkadams

btkadams

This is really inexcusable. Even if you purchased all of your cosmetics/battlepasses on PC/iOS, you can’t access any of it or progress that account if it’s ever linked to a PS4.

4. Kade

Kade

I had my account linked to PSN and it let me log in but I never installed or played the game on the PS4. I think if you've downloaded it and/or played enough of a match for it to record any stats, you're fucked.

5. Kazooie5659

Kazooie5659

This is the fucking worst. Fuck you, Sony. Because I played on a PS4 (on an account that I mainly play on PC, and is cross-platform compatible with the Switch), I can't play on Switch. I would gladly un-link my PS4 from my account if it meant I could play on Switch.

[​IMG]

6. DoomGaze

DoomGaze

7. Idolvo

Idolvo

For the players.

Right Sony?

8. Deleted member 643

Deleted member 643
    User requested account closure Member

It would be great if Sony wasn’t so hostile to people who want to do this type of thing

9. CountAntonius

CountAntonius

This is far worse than blocking crossplay. Unacceptable.

10. DNAbro

DNAbro

I'm actually pretty pissed about that. Fuck off Sony.

11. GitarooMan

GitarooMan

Yeah this is also an issue with PS4/Xbox; it’s stupid I had to delink my Epic account from PS4 and make a separate new account to play on both PS4 and Xbox. I lost access to my Paragon stuff as a result (oh no).

12. BronsonLee

BronsonLee
    Don't worry I'm on the case Moderator

That message is surprisingly candid considering it didn't really say that with other platforms

But yeah I always figured unlinking your PS4 account would solve it unless you bought things off that platform

13. Datajoy

Datajoy

Sony getting buried under a growing pile of Ls this week. Worried.

14. Sandfox

Sandfox

I don't understand why Epic agreed to this.

15. TheYanger

TheYanger

I think that's the real kicker, even if you're willing to unlink it it doesn't matter, you still can't use it elsewhere. Complete trash.

16. molnizzle

molnizzle

Lawsuit.

Fuck Sony for this.

17. Kouriozan

Kouriozan

I’m so done with their bullshit.

18. Kazooie5659

Kazooie5659

How do you de-link your PS4 account? I'd gladly do that if it fixes this garbage.

EDIT: Fuck you so hard, Sony.

[​IMG]

19. Border

Border

Arrogant Sony reigns supreme.

20. uzipukki

uzipukki

I do love my PS Pro but god Sony can be such a silly company at times. Still no name change on PSN and now this... FFS.

21. Andri

Andri

Whats better than Blocking people on your Platform form playing crossplat ?

Blocking people on other platforms from playing crossplat.

Sonys E3 just gets better.

22. Rembrandt

Rembrandt
    Banned Member

Wow.

23. DukeBlue

DukeBlue
    Banned Member

Sony once again being that company we all knew they were

24. srtrestre

srtrestre

Sony.....

25. Idolvo

Idolvo

Lmao

26. daxy

daxy

Should be holding one finger up. 'The only place to play.'

27. Josh5890

Josh5890

In 2013 they were out heroes......

28. Gowans

Gowans

A similar thing happened the other way when it was pc & PS4 with Xbox separate, you could not play int he other platforms but they fixed it.

I started with a Xbox account and they it worked after fix on pc and have used the same account on mobile to play against ps4.

Why don’t you try linking your account and treating the pc as mobile as the main version (or last logged in) and then logging in on switch?

https://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/...do-i-link-my-xbox-account-to-my-epic-account-

29. VegiHam

VegiHam

Wow this message is direct. It straight up says to blame sony.

30. Sony has lost almost all of my interest in their ecosystem. What a shame that they are doing things like this even when they are the clear market leaders

31. Zafir

Zafir

Yeah, as I said in the other thread. I linked my PSN account back before Xbox Cross-play was even a thing, I don't even play on PS4 - just linked it for the PS+ skin and to try the version out. No warning at that point that I wouldn't be able to play anywhere else. All my stuff, Save the world, battle passes, cosmetics were all purchased on PC, but because I dared touch the PS4 I'm now locked to PS4 with my only option being to create another account if I wanted to play on Switch...

Honestly, it's really frustrating. Sony can not allow cross-play if they want, but don't then force me into staying in your shitty isolated system.

32. Smurf

Smurf

That's pretty lame from Sony

Just logged into my account, pretty amazing that I can use that same one I use on the PC and the Xbox tbh

33. Golding

Golding

lol classic

34. iiicon

iiicon

Ouch, this sucks. My oldest plays on the PS4 but would 100% move over to Switch, so it sucks that he'll lose progress. I guess it's a good thing I haven't bought a BattlePass for him yet, although my PS4 account has some of the Twitch Prime goodies.

35. RadioJoNES

RadioJoNES

Like, it would be one thing if my account was made on PS4. But I made it on pc and eventually unlinked in from PS4 because I thought they would do something like this. But permanently ruining my epic account and locking it to PS4 is absolutely ridiculous.

36. I hope someone calls them out for this at E3.

37. Solid

Solid

That must have been part of the elusive Deal

38. Mashing

Mashing

I don't play Fortnite, but I just had to chime in that this is fucking awful and Sony should be called out continually for this anti-consumer practice.

39. Kade

Kade

When you go to unlink your PSN account, it tells you "Unlinking this service will NOT unlock restricted platforms" so that won't do anything either.

40. itchi

itchi

You need to be able to at least unlink your account instead of Sony taking it hostage.

41. JDSpades

JDSpades

I don’t think that works

42. Kazooie5659

Kazooie5659

Right on their support page:

"NOTE: If you have previously linked your account to a PSN account you will be unable to link your Nintendo account. You need to create a new Epic account in order to successfully link your Nintendo account."

43. molnizzle

molnizzle

Yeah, I’m honestly avoiding their platform altogether now. I’ll drop in for an exclusive every now and then but the vast majority of my money is now going to Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony once again showing their true colors.

44. NSA

NSA

That seems..rather punitive..

45. Interfectum

Interfectum

I mainly play the mobile version... I've bought two battle passes through the App Store. One evening I wanted to see how the game played on PS4 and linked my account. Played for 5 minutes and that's it. Now I can't I can't use my account on Switch because of it.

Completely fucked.

46. DoomGaze

DoomGaze

Fucking kek I should have shopped it. Love it man

47. This is disgusting. I would be ready to pick up my switch and buy the season 4 battlepass but I can't.

48. Ocarina_117

Ocarina_117

#4ThePlayers

49. Wereroku

Wereroku

It doesn't work. Even if you unlink the account they won't let you re-link it to another platform.

50. CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Ummmm, that's an issue for me lol.