• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via BuzzFeed:
A former rising star in MAGA world recently renounced the orbit of operatives who support President Donald Trump, calling them a "cult" and saying they broke campaign finance laws by requesting and taking her campaign donations.

Now, Rabia Kazan is talking to the FBI.

"I lost everything with these people," Kazan told BuzzFeed News from the lobby of the Connecticut hotel where she now spends most of her time.

Kazan's time in the MAGA world saw her make connections with top figures and lesser-known operatives. But she now believes she was "used" for her money — and for her identity as a former Muslim to help smooth over Trump's incendiary comments about Islam.
"I was extremely worshipping of Trump," Kazan told BuzzFeed News. "I fight for women's rights in the Middle East and fight against ISIS, and I believed Trump was against radical Islam and tough on ISIS. I was thinking he really wanted to help us in the Middle East."

Trump never cared about her cause. She doesn't care that Trump is a bigot. She's just mad they took her for all she's got then brushed her aside.

Also that quote above from her is clearly bullshit. She was still supporting Trump well into 2019 after his Muslim ban, his blatant racism and bigotry, his attacks on women's rights were well underway and being documented all over.

Lock of old.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think very many if any of the people you're referring to in that thread title post on this forum

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I'm pretty sure we had a topic expressing this same sentiment not too long ago, but it's one that needs repeating until the heat death of the universe.

Oct 25, 2017
Just because you're a minority, doesn't mean you're smart. Stupidity is colorblind.

Was so, soo disappointed in my fellow latinos last election.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Several of my uncles support Trump. We're all born and raised in India and became immigrants to pursue a better life in the USA. They want to keep out the people coming from the southern border and want rollback of environmental regulations, and more tax cuts.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 'cause all the white people who support Trump sure are genius-grade, quality people.

Any and all Trump supporters are either idiots, sociopaths, or some mix of the two.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
If you're a minority and you support Trump for any reason, you're an idiot.

FTFY OP

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
This guy supports him because it has been the best 3 years since Jesus. Are you calling HIM an idiot?!?!

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
They're quislings unfortunately. They're free to think however they want to think, but I hope most of them break the brainwashing at some point.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
""Strongman"" appearance is appealing to many.
I must say, it's mostly anti-feminist minority men who like trump

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I'd simplify that to: If you support Trump for any reason, you're an idiot.

Last edited:

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Several of my uncles support Trump. We're all born and raised in India and became immigrants to pursue a better life in the USA. They want to keep out the people coming from the southern border and want rollback of environmental regulations, and more tax cuts.
Honestly can't fault their logic. Racism, FYGM, and a desire to destroy the planet are all excellent reasons to vote for Trump, and by no means white-exclusive traits. That said the me-sowing-me-reaping tweet goes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The presumption that everyone regardless of demographics is equally an idiot for voting Trump only works if you believe white supremacy and fascism affects every individual the same.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I'd simply that to: If you support Trump for any reason, you're an idiot.
Most doctors support trump.

A lot of business people support trump.

Really most white men in general support trump.

Not saying you are wrong, but he has some people with degrees and shit supporting his nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017

stew

Dec 2, 2017
There are many stories like this, and I think they knew what they were doing. They were trying to play a game to win money and fame, when they understand they lost, they try to save face publicly.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019

Not saying you are wrong, but he has some people with degrees and shit supporting his nonsense.

Just because someone has a degree (smart in one area) doesn't make them not an idiot (in others). I think the post stands.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Just because someone has a degree (smart in one area) doesn't make them not an idiot (in others). I think the post stands.
I mean this is just me, but if someone is educated I have a lot less respect for them when they support shit they know is bullshit.

I can totally understand voting for tax cuts. A lot of smart people are selfish assholes. Thats just human nature. But if you went to medical school or have an MBA you know that global warming is real based on the scientific evidence. You know that tariffs are stupid. You know that a wall with Mexico is racist and ineffective. But if you know that and still support then I don't know what the fuck to say to that person.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, I have no respect for this person. I can't believe she'd be so stupid. I dont doubt the sincerity of her cause but no sane person should be hitching themselves to the Trump bandwagon thinking he would help minority communities become more progressive. She was being used to attack innocent brown people and Muslims in America and to perpetuate damage in these communities from day one I'm sure.

Best of luck to her trying to turn this around.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
My aunt's husband is a Vietnamese immigrant and trump supporter who takes every chance he can get to talk about keeping immigrants out of the country. He wants to keep other vietnamese out of the country so he his kids don't have to compete with them. He also thinks they just don't deserve to come to America.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I mean this is just me, but if someone is educated I have a lot less respect for them when they support shit they know is bullshit.

I can totally understand voting for tax cuts. A lot of smart people are selfish assholes. Thats just human nature. But if you went to medical school or have an MBA you know that global warming is real based on the scientific evidence. You know that tariffs are stupid. You know that a wall with Mexico is racist and ineffective. But if you know that and still support then I don't know what the fuck to say to that person.

I think we agree in totality then. I genuinely don't know how otherwise smart people get sucked into stuff like this. Maybe it's the lack of self-reflection? "I'm smart so all my decisions are smart ones and I don't have to think on it further."

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to shake any minority supporter of Trump and yell at them about how he doesn't give a shit about them and actively wants to hurt them.
I wouldn't even necessarily say this is true. There are plenty of intelligent people that do support Trump, they just happen to be racist/bigoted and vote for him because of that, not because they were fooled?

I feel like supporting Trump long term is like drinking mercury. It destroys your mind and I know some people I used to think were very intelligent that sound like fucking caveman when they speak about Trump.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The gay couple across the street from us put 2 'Trump 2020' yard signs out last weekend. In January.
Now I have to look at them and be annoyed every time I leave my house.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Immigrants are usually more conservative 🤷‍♂️ especially socially. I know a lot of Latinos who got citizenship and vote R because of abortion and gay marriage 🤷‍♂️

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
As opposed to white Trump supporters, who are generally very intelligent people.
Any Trump supporter is some shade of idiot, why shouldn't there be self-hating idiots too?

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
My Peurto Rican father was fully on board the Trump train until ole Donny decided to, y'know, start taking massive shits on Puerto Rico. Unfortunately my dad is the perfect example of a "leopards-eating-peoples-faces-party" voter.

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
All the people coming in here to make the same point that all Trump supporters are idiots are completely missing the point.

If you're white and straight or able to pass as, I can see why you'd vote for Trump. As ethically and morally vacant that choice would be.

When minorities do it, it's like you're just lying to yourself. You gain nothing.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Doctors don't have to be smart, they just need to be able to remember shit. Look at Ben Carson. You can't say shit about his skills as a neurosurgeon, but the man is a bumbling idiot in so many other ways.