If you're alone today, remember that someone loves you

Matthew77

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
Thanks for that I guess.

I know I am loved though and I am single by choice. However even when involved I don’t celebrate it (got broken up with at least once for it) it’s a consumer trap with no basis in anything other than selling cards, flowers, and candy.

And as someone pointed out (before I get the no fun tag) it’s marketed not as a loving holiday, but in a way of “if your single your trash, so get someone so your not alone on that day, and you can celebrate not being the only loser alone by buying our overpriced shitty products to overcompensate”.

Plus it’s the same issue with Christmas, why be nice or in love one day a year? Try for 365!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's Day is just another soulless commercial like any other modern holiday anyway.

If I had my way I'd be drunkenly whipping the fertility into ya with the bloody skins of sacrificial goats like in the good ol days.

Spoo

Oct 25, 2017
Used to it. Besides, I'm not truly alone: I have these awful, outrageously difficult KH3 expansion bosses to be fucked by.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
sending love vibes through the thread ~ hoping everyone without an SO is doing something they like tonight (like uhh playing baten kaitos)

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'm fundamentally unlovable. But I'm also incapable of loving anyone else, so it all works out in the end.

Extreme introversion rules.

TaySan

Dec 10, 2018
I love me and that's all that matters. If others don't want a piece of that pie that's their loss and not mine. ;)

Zerokoolpsx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's just another day. Been single for so long, Valentine's barely registers with me anymore.

Who doesn't love Sol? With the belt, and the hair and white pants. Oh wait, wrong Sol. <3

Tokyo_Funk

Dec 10, 2018
First time I've been asked for a Valentines and it was fucking Google search.

Thanks Google. Do I date my phone now?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I know a ton of people love me. I also think that sentiment is irrelevant during a holiday that revolves around romance, something entirely different than the love OP expresses.

Oct 27, 2017
I realised that today when my Mum got me a valentines card. Part of me feels bad she even felt the need to do that but it was a very nice gesture.

Denman

Apr 21, 2018
I’ve never had a great Valentine’s Day, but this year, being single, it’s probably the best one I’ve had yet.