• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
My Dad just died. I need a hug.
I'm very sorry.

source.gif

Losing someone is never easy.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for that I guess.

I know I am loved though and I am single by choice. However even when involved I don't celebrate it (got broken up with at least once for it) it's a consumer trap with no basis in anything other than selling cards, flowers, and candy.

And as someone pointed out (before I get the no fun tag) it's marketed not as a loving holiday, but in a way of "if your single your trash, so get someone so your not alone on that day, and you can celebrate not being the only loser alone by buying our overpriced shitty products to overcompensate".

Plus it's the same issue with Christmas, why be nice or in love one day a year? Try for 365!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's Day is just another soulless commercial like any other modern holiday anyway.

If I had my way I'd be drunkenly whipping the fertility into ya with the bloody skins of sacrificial goats like in the good ol days.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
sending love vibes through the thread ~ hoping everyone without an SO is doing something they like tonight (like uhh playing baten kaitos)

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'm fundamentally unlovable. But I'm also incapable of loving anyone else, so it all works out in the end.

Extreme introversion rules.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's just another day. Been single for so long, Valentine's barely registers with me anymore.

Who doesn't love Sol? With the belt, and the hair and white pants. Oh wait, wrong Sol. <3

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
First time I've been asked for a Valentines and it was fucking Google search.

Thanks Google. Do I date my phone now?

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
I know tons of people love me and somehow that doesn't matter. But I genuinely appreciate the thought.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It's my first V day without a SO in the last 11 years. Feels... empty. I'm not sure when I'll recover.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I know a ton of people love me. I also think that sentiment is irrelevant during a holiday that revolves around romance, something entirely different than the love OP expresses.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I realised that today when my Mum got me a valentines card. Part of me feels bad she even felt the need to do that but it was a very nice gesture.