• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm sticking with the Iggy that matters.

maxresdefault.jpg

Touché my man!

That cover lol...

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
still waiting on that 'Great new song' OP
This thread doesn't continue until you finish your first post you cut and run motherfu

Oct 25, 2017
Beat is a pretty blatant rip-off

It's her best song in a while, which means it's better than "Mo Bounce" and "Kream" which are two of the worst songs I heard in 2017/2018

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I see Iggy's trying to go for at least a more subtle bronzer than the current 'I chunk it on so dark that I'm racially ambiguous because it's lucrative' bit going on atm. Grande for those posting definitely benefits from this similar to the Kardashians. People crying photoshop is too dark are wild (especially during videos like Breathin), celebs run w/ that shit these days and no one cares.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
Shea... Mayhem... Vanjie... Why..?

I don't blame them for taking the opportunity when someone famous calls, but between this and the stuff with Madonna and Monet I'm starting to wonder if all the girls are just gonna be calling up RuPaul's girls for their videos. Which would be fine, but... they better be paying them.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Update:

#1 on iTunes Hip-Hop
#3 on iTunes Top 100
5 million views in 24h on YouTube

"HeR CarEER EndEd iN 2014!", "IGGy wHO?", "IgGY FLOp!"

MaleUncomfortableHalicore-size_restricted.gif

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome video and styling. Not my kind of music at all.

Was that James Charles at the funeral? We love a sister who mourns with glamor.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Every time Era says how terrible a song is (like thank u, next) it absolutely blows up. This song is pretty catchy

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Update:

#1 on iTunes Hip-Hop
#3 on iTunes Top 100

Serious question, why is it completely acceptable on Era to stan terrible people so long as they're musicians?

Iggy is a racist, homophobic shithead culture vulture.

Dec 12, 2017
Update:

#1 on iTunes Hip-Hop
#3 on iTunes Top 100

MaleUncomfortableHalicore-size_restricted.gif
Serious question, why is it completely acceptable on Era to stan terrible people so long as they're musicians?

Iggy is a racist, homophobic shithead culture vulture.
She's the walking dictionary definition of cultural appropriation.

I can't wait for her next tour cancellation.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
Reading ERA threads on musicians usually devolves into:
1. Stanning
2. Being offended
3. Not actually clicking the link to the video

The song though... It's alright. Seems the song is way too short even with the dialogue intermission and the weird outro sounding like an entirely different song starting at the 2:36 mark?

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
It's... ok. A clear mishmash of Humble and Money with nursery rhyme bars, though Iggy is adequate here.

I did like Fancy in spite of itself, however I find Team, Kream and Mo Bounce to be horrifying in a "my god, this is what the record industry wants women rappers to be" sort of way. Like say what you want about Nicki and Cardi, but they clearly have some artistic control over their direction and have fun in some of their songs.

I wish acts like Little Simz, Noname, Dessa, Cupcakke, and Tierra Whack were given the elevation in the mainstream that Iggy Azalea got. They all have some songs that are radio-friendly in sound, and have clear talent through not just image, but bars.