• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Almost a year after announcing its return, the Entertainment Software Association announced today to its members that this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), has been canceled, IGN can confirm.

The event was supposed to be held from June 13th through June 26th at the Los Angeles Convention Center and would have been the first in-person E3 event since 2019.

Two sources have confirmed to IGN that the organization announced the cancellation via an email sent out to its members today. The email said that while E3 "remains a beloved event and brand" that the 2023 version "simply did not garner the sustained interest necessary to execute it in a way that would showcase the size, strength, and impact of our industry."

The ESA concludes the email by reiterating its commitment to advocacy work.

www.ign.com

E3 Has Been Canceled - IGN

After months of speculation and multiple companies confirming it would not be attending, the ESA announced today to its members that E3 2023 has been canceled.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oof, yikes, this ain't it chief, that's all folks, mild shock, pretendtobeshocked.gif, RIParonis, etc.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Geoff Keighley

person-kneeling_1f9ce.png

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Bummer.

Grateful I got to attend/work the 2019 E3. Checked off a major career goal maybe on the last chance.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Good night, sweet prince.

Great run, but the tradeshow format in gaming is a dying breed.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that's the nail in the coffin. Honestly, it's sad to see.

....waiting for Petty King to respond any second now.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
Good thing we have Geoff Keighley and his Summer Game Fest. The last TGA, which he also organizes, had great announcements and trailers, so I'm looking forward to the SGF as well.

Last edited: