• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
IGN First this month seems to be about Yoshi's Crafted World, and they're revealing stages in the game. I will update as they add more.

Weighing Acorns

I like the bus segment at the end of this level: really makes the level feel like a diorama. This is from IGN France.

The Shogun's Castle

I like this level: it looks to be a nice challenge (not overwhelmingly hard, but still fun) and the little mini-boss segment versus "The Shogun" looks interesting.
This video cuts out most of the level: the middle level featured large enemies with swords, spinning spike platforms and those moving... platform... things?

Be Afraid of the Dark

Wow - this level is really cool. I love the "horror" vibe, really creative.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I liked everything about the game and loving the warm feeling it's giving me. Day one

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This game looks wonderful and the demo was full of charm. My kids are currently loving Kirby: Star Allies and I know they'll be excited for this.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
It's too bad the soundtrack is so bland when visually it is such a treat. Still getting this day 1, I'm ecstatic for coop.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The OST is really soporific, I'm afraid this game will put me to sleep even with its great gameplay from what I played with the demo.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It looks good. I miss the aesthetic of Woolly World but I think this is a faithful successor.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I played the demo with my son (almost 4) and all he wants to do now is watch me play it. Let me say it has already been a long wait for this to come out and we still have a ways to go.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I said this on one of the gamexplain videos but it contributes to an overally saccharine sweet vibe that comes across as patronizing. Theres such a thing as too cute.

What happened to foreboding castle music or some brisk but catchy tunes for the meadows?

Yeah that's the thing. Kirby does it right for example, the original Yoshi's Island did it too... damn, even Yoshi Story wasn't too cute for the most part, and that game was cute as fuck

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This isn't looking too good, tbh. Not a fan of the Cardboard artstyle, something like Tearaway would've worked much better.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Was interested in this initially, but it's seriously sided with the younger audience. Not interested now, honestly.

OP
OP
AnonymousApple
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks like "The Shogun's Castle" video got taken down. I suspect it was published too early, so it'll probably be back in the next week.
In the meanwhile, here is the Twitter clip showing the mid-boss from this level:

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I really don't get the complaints about the soundtrack. The main theme is so goddamn cute and I love the smorgasbord of percussion instruments.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
watched the first video
damn, this game looks beyond gorgeous. good-feel have really knocked it out of the park with the art direction.
i should probably not watch the other upcoming videos tho, cuz some of these moments are better experienced when you play yourself. the yoshis humming the theme while sitting at the bus stop was way too cute.
couldn't be more excited, a day 1 game for me for sure. also like how each level is supposed to be played several times, which I also liked in the demo.

I really don't get the complaints about the soundtrack. The main theme is so goddamn cute and I love the smorgasbord of percussion instruments.
agreed. it's nothing amazing, but i get its charm. certainly not as terrible as some people are making it out to be.

Last edited:

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
All of the music I've heard so far from this game is really subpar. I hope there's a little more variety in there, Wooly World had an impressive and diverse soundtrack.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Y'all I don't want this to turn into an echo chamber, but seriously, coming from Woolly World, what the FUCK were they thinking with this music?!

This was going to be an exciting day-one experience for me, but after playing the demo and watching the Shogun footage, I don't think i can handle this music. This may actually be game-ruining for me, and that's coming from someone who loves Dragon Quest 11.

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
Imo nothing about this game is better than Woolly World which I loved. I tried the demo to this and really didn't like it and the OST is ear-grating. I don't know why they want to emulate Yoshi's Story, that game was always pretty bad.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched these yet but I saw a Japanese trailer of some new levels and they actually looked kinda challenging, hopes are increasing