• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
If this power gap all turns out to be true, those next gen Digital Foundry comparison videos are going to be interesting.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No shit. This has been obvious for months now with every sign pointing towards it.

For people that want Power. Sony will sell you the PS5 Pro in 3 years.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Lmao

You can say is name.
Who? The master? SHONUFF!!!!!

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017
No shit. Xbox Series X is gonna be more than twice the physical size of the PS5; of course it's gonna be more powerful. There's just so much more headroom for cooling.

However, this also means that it's gonna be significantly more expensive (and the size will be an issue for many people, as it won't fit into most people's entertainment centres neatly).

That's the tradeoff they have to make.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Sounds like Sony is going for 399$. They had a lot of success with it so it's not surprising.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Considering what the did with the One X i do believe they will try and make the strongest console the possible can. It would explain why the Series X is so huge while the PS5 devkit is tiny in comparison.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Being stronger is a bad thing. Gamers care about price more than anything, they'll buy the one that's cheaper.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Honestly would be funny if the roles reversed this gen and we saw PS fanbois doing mental gymnastics to dismiss a possible power gap in favor of XSX.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like a timeline where the PS5 is markedly, significantly weaker than the competition, especially when there are less first party games coming out than ever before.

Hopefully that's not the timeline we get. A system that embarrassingly lags behind in all third party games isn't cool even if it is a hundred bucks cheaper. Eventually the price difference will be eliminated but the power gap will still be there.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Nah.

"Overwhelmingly" doesn't comport with the things we've heard from multiple, legit insiders.

I expect a difference of 15% or less, along the lines of what Matt said.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Using the leaked specs as basis for claims most likely. Even then its incorrect that the power difference will be that noticable and im one who believes said leaks

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if we made a thread whenever a member of the gaming press said something without any thought behind it

Oct 27, 2017
I would have paid more attention to this video had it hit before someone from Sony was interviewed talking about a price still needing to be set for the PS5. So as it stands, on first appearance, this is just conjecture. But I wish them well on attaining a high viewing count and other video interactions, etc.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone knew Microsoft was going to try to be the most powerful console, because the perception that they were the weaker box hurt them. What we don't know is if Sony cares if Microsoft has the stronger box. Will Sony try to match the power? Will they be basically the same? Will Sony sacrifice power for a price advantage?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You've heard it here folks, pack it up Matt, Jason, Klee and other insiders. Theres no small difference, it's a greater gulf than 30% !
/s

The sooner they reveal specs, the sooner we can know WHO to ignore as sources of legitimate info forever.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I've spoken with some people and I'm of the belief that Sony wants the PlayStation to be betterer than Xbox. Please source me on that.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
There will be a ps5pro in like two years. If you dont like this 9tf console just wait for that. By that time there will be actually worthwhile exclusive games to play too.

Deleted member 10908

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My educated guess is that Sony is still going for the 399 lower spec console.
Lockhart - $299 @ 4TF
PS5 - $399 @ 9TF
Series X - $499 @ 12TF

This would be great news for consumers as there will be a console in each price range

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
It seems that Xbox is releasing their mid-gen refresh to start the gen. Sony will likely compete with the Series X two years after launch. I wish Sony came out the gate with the major heat though too. Oh well, fun times ahead.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think it is fair to say nothing in the OT says that is any confirmation on specs here. This is just a report about what was said from IGN Japan. I mean we have done those threads for the Andrew Reiner tweet as well. And many other Journalists ...

Status
Not open for further replies.