• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
Like the Xbox One X did? Highly unlikely power alone will make any difference to sales worldwide.

Difference is Sony is beating MS currently, they didn't need to outdo the Xbox One X. If they lag next gen they'll likely put up a fight now that the concept of more powerful systems getting released in the same generation has become a norm.

As a mid gen refresh around the time MS release an even more powerful Xbox sure.

I could see that happening.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
'No doubt' they aim to be more powerful...based on MS already saying they aim to be more powerful?

Or 'no doubt' based on the editor's own info?

Because one of these is worth a thread and one is what the next-gen speculation thread is made for.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Well we already know they're going to release a premium model. It won't be hard for them to just scale up the specs and charge a higher price.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
What its really going to come down to is the price. It may be aiming higher than Sony, but do they really want another $100 difference again?

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
The Great TeraFlop Fanboy Wars are going to be a whole new level of ridiculous

I'm ready

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Don't know which is stronger and don't care. I do know that lots if folks will be eating crow if XSX is weaker.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say this would matter but if LH is real and 4TF it softens the blow for me. Means all games will be designed to run on 4TF GPU of Lockhart. Games scale, I know, but I wish the base would be PS5s rumored 9TF or XSX's rumored 12TF instead

and since there won't be Xbox exclusives that only run on XSX for a few years, it kinda makes it seem like the power difference won't matter as much

Sony first party will design games for a $400 console at 9TFs, whereas third parties and Xbox first party will have to design them around LH's weaker specs. If it's just 4TF GPU then maybe the difference won't be too much but if the RAM is different it will be a big gap imo.

imagine PS5/XSX both having 16GB, but LH has 12. Gotta cut costs to come in at $299-$349

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's pretty obvious Microsoft is going above and beyond to make the next Xbox the most powerful gaming console yet. It's also pretty obvious it will be the most expensive of the bunch (I'm flat out expecting $549-$599), and I REALLY doubt they're going to launch it alongside the "cheaper" option for marketing reasons.

Why are some Playstation fans a bit insecure about this? Playstation had no problem being the weaker machine for the PS1/2 era. "B-but what if it becomes the Xbox One of the next generation". Need I remind you that the Xbox One was the weaker machine AND the most expensive option at launch (lol Kinect), so of course it stumbled right out the gate. Not to mention a plethora of other issues with Mattrick era Xbox that made it easy to be clowned on. So long as the PS5 can run next gen games and continue having excellent first party experiences (something Microsoft is still waiting to prove), they'll be more than okay.

Last edited:

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
the rumours sure point to being more powerful but "overwhelming"? sure, jan.

but i would not read too much into launch specs since mid-gen refresh systems seems to be the norm, and it does not matter for multiplat games if we have Lockhart holding games back.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
how? xbox one x came out a year later AND was 100 dollars more. dont think the power difference will be that large

It's all speculation at this point

My prediction is that next-gen is going to end up like the PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X situation.

The PS5 will have better exclusives plus VR support while the Series X will dominate all the third party games when it comes to graphics, resolution and frame rate.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
This thread is pretty interesting.

I would think that yes an eic of one of the most popular gaming websites out there would know more, or hear more than some random on this forum. That's pretty common sense.

Who knows if it's accurate or not, but this gives a bit more credence to the 12 or 13tf numbers we've been hearing recently.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
I just got my Japanese wife to listen too it and then tell me what they were saying..

She listened too the OP suggestion from 4 min mark, And she said they say " Xbox one series x is higher spec than ps5 " and price will be a little higher... Some thing about Xbox One X being much more higher spec than PS5. and talking about the price more.

I asked her to listen to see if they mentioned sources of where they heard that from, But they dont say. They just act like they already know kinda thing.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Would be interesting to see if greater power but higher cost is the difference maker this generation unlike previous generations.

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
His prediction is my guess too.
My other guess is that Series S will be very close to Ps5 spec wise, and possibly slightly cheaper.

All just speculation of course.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
You've heard it here folks, pack it up Matt, Jason, Klee and other insiders. Theres no small difference, it's a greater gulf than 30% !
/s

The sooner they reveal specs, the sooner we can know WHO to ignore as sources of legitimate info forever.
Didn't klee say there was going to be a February event? That's looking pretty unlikely now.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
What's the difference between Xbox One X and PS4 Pro in terms of performance? I know obviously One X runs more games in 4K and better frame rates but for me I just kinda don't care about its existence. It's great for Xbox users to have that option but I really don't feel like I'm massively missing out on anything given I'm just not on that ecosystem at all. I'm in the PlayStation ecosystem this generation and these consoles coming up have a baseline that is so improved that I think I'm going to still be happy with a 9TF PS5 or whatever it may end up.

It truly is about the games because that's why I'm sticking with Sony as my main console. If Lockhart is a thing and it can play all Series X games for the generation then that might be my in to Microsoft games if and when I feel compelled to try them out. Alternatively Xcloud might let me do that for virtually zero outlay instead.

Curious years to come for sure.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
5bcdce33d4fbb.jpeg

All third party games confirmed in my X

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
So, I guess, power isn't so important anymore, is it ?

(I'm sorry, I couldn't refrain myself, and tbh I really think that power isn't important at all, but some fanboys reactions will be fun)

Oct 27, 2017
This will definitely sway my wallet to buy an Xbox. Power is after all the main reason I own a switch. Loads of power, 20k visuals and graphics so good I had to show them to my mom and dad as soon as I got one.

It will be mildy interesting to see how they stack up. Show me the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.