• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Context around 4:28

Full Quote

"There is no doubt that the Xbox Series X is aiming for overwhelmingly higher performance than the PS5"

"PS5 wants to be cheaper than Xbox Series X because of the difference in specifications"

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Overwhelmingly higher performance when comparing consoles targeting 4K is a 10TF difference.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ngl, this upcoming gen has me excited. Seeing Microsoft go balls to the wall when it comes to power after the mess that was the original Xbox One is great. Coming months are gonna be interesting.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Do they know or are they assuming. Insiders seem to be saying it's close with a very slight edge to Sony here.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta ask what an editor for IGN Japan of all places would know beyond baseless speculation?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
"aiming" so this dude doesn't really know anything besides that MS is "hoping" to be more powerful?

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If this power difference is true I will go from PS4 to Xbox series as my main console (already have ultimate Gamepass for years to come) and use the ps5 for the exclusives.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically if it is true, this place would have some fun threads appearing as soon as people can make them.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I doubt it.
I do think the Series X will be more powerful, but I don't see Sony releasing something significantly less powerful against Microsoft.
I am getting the feeling though that the Series X will be $499 and the PS5 $399. If that happens and PS5 isn't massively underpowered, Sony will do very well. I'm buying both so I'm excited no matter what, and I bet games will look stunning on both. Exciting times ahead!

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All signs point to Series X being more powerful.

But at the end of the day.... who cares?

Both consoles will play COD, and Madden while also looking beautiful.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
I'm already assuming there will be around a 2-3TF advantage in favor of Series X. Is that considered overwhelming? Overwhelming to me would be a much bigger difference than that.

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
I gotta ask what an editor for IGN Japan of all places would know beyond baseless speculation?

The question is do you (not you, but global you) believe Reiner eic at game informer. Two separate eic saying something different.

I would like a translation of this before jumping head first into discussion

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite what insiders claim, I've always expected Series X to be more powerful.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
the confirmation bias when it comes to trusted sources is hilarious. and obviously, this goes both ways in console wars.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
From what I could gather from what he said he's just speculating from the info available to everyone, no insider knowledge or anything.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Good news for multiplatform titles, but they really need to do something to impress us with their first party output.

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah yes speculation. I guess some are going to take this as confirmed info right 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.