• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.ign.com/articles/keep-fighting-for-persona-5-on-switch-atlus-says

Learning from the masters of asking fans to beg for ports of games to Switch, Bamco, Atlus says that fans should "keep fighting" to get Persona 5 on Switch.

Rumors have swirled around a potential Persona 5 Switch port for a long time, with a bogus Best Buy listing even popping up in 2019, but that momentum has slowed considerably. So IGN asked Atlus Communications Manager Ari Advincula if it was finally time for fans to give up on hope for a potential port during a Persona 5 Royal preview event earlier this month, to which she responded "I am a strong believer in 'never ever give up on hope'."

With Catherine Full Body coming to Switch from a Korean listing, will fans begging for a Switch port of P5 really melt Atlus' heart? If P5 truly happens then I could see it being released 1 year after P5R releases on the PS4. I personally don't care for Persona 5 but I hope Atlus finally gives us Etrian Odyssey Switch. What do you guys think?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Port begging can be annoying but publishers encouraging it is even worse.

Just fucking do it Atlus.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HOW MANY SURVEYS OF INTEREST DO YOU WANT ME TO FILL OUT ATLUS

I HAVEN'T SEEN MY FAMILY IN TWO YEARS BECAUSE OF ALL THESE SURVEYS

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
how bout ya'll just listen to fans? youve done all these surveys asking the same questions every time.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if

They ported Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga instead

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
doing a bamco there, asking fans to pester them when they know themselves it makes sense and will make them a bunch of money.

either do it or don't, don't be annoying about it.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
At this point, I'd much rather see Persona 3 and 4 come to Switch. They're way harder to access unless you still have a PS3.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
John_Cena.0.jpg

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off Atlus. Atlus is like a company so insanely shitty at marketing/customer policy/etc they are turning me off, someone that frigging learned Japanese to play Persona 4G. That's quite an achievement.

If the idiots still aren't sure that a P5 switch port isn't going to justify itself then don't do it but this egging on is just dumb.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's not up to customers to yell loudly enough for companies to listen. The onus is on publishers to understand where the most market demand for optimal return on investment is.

The fact that their asinine survey got record turnout and spelled it out for them should have been more than enough.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put persona on switch.

But SMTV on PS5.

Put everything on PC.

Let me toss money at you in several ways. This shit isnt hard.

Oct 26, 2017
It's no different from this

www.eurogamer.net

"We understand many Persona fans would love to see a PC version"

Persona 5 is a wonderful PlayStation 4 and PS3 game but it is not available on PC. You can play it on PC, however, via …

"We understand that many Persona fans would love to see a PC version. And while we don't have anything to announce today, we are listening! For now, the best way to experience Persona 5 is on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3."

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
They just want to build up the hype or keep it steady, it's pretty obvious that it's coming. Hype would probably deflate until release if they just announce it.

Edit: That doesn't make that comment any better, obviously.

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
Either say you're going to release it, or not, don't leave it in this ambiguous state of "maybe if we all hope for it" bullshit. With that said I would love to see it happen.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only way I see it happening is if it's like Catherine Classic, and is ported by another studio at a later date. If that happens, then we'll probably get Persona 5 Classic on PC and Switch or some stupid shit.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus Japan: "we don't know what market research is"

Honestly sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on over there. Did Sega steal all the smart people to work on Yakuza instead? (I mean, if that's the tradeoff I'm fine with it, but what the hell)

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
My answer to every company that asks people to port beg is a big middle finger.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously all this nonsense made me lose my interest. Their way of handling communication is just weird and annoying.
honestly same. when there were rumors of it coming to switch i was really excited but now i've got too many games to play to really care if it happens or not.

My answer to every company that asks people to port beg is a big middle finger.
this. companies begging fans to make noise on social media for something that seems like an obvious choice is pretty gross.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Atlus says that fans should "keep fighting" to get Persona 5 on Switch.
i sleep
What if

They ported Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga instead
At this point, I'd much rather see Persona 3 and 4 come to Switch. They're way harder to access unless you still have a PS3.
REAL SHIT

Seriously Atlus, do something with your back catalog, it's in a sorry state re: modern accessibility

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Keep fighting" isn't a quote lol. It's "I am a strong believer in 'never ever give up on hope'.". Nice clickbait title, IGN, I'm sure it will increase the insufferable portbegging.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Time for jason schreier to come in and say it's never going to happen

I get the feeling that he really doesn't want this game on switch for some reason

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no. Thanks. Also i doubt that a Community Manager from Atlus West (?) has enough insight to see if all this noise is even reaching the higher-up decision makers.

Just let it die. And btw. Atlus, it would be nice if you could at least give some goddamn update on SMT V.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see SMT Nocturne or something else, most people interested in P5 already played it and there would be audience mismatch since Atlus has yet to build one on Switch.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
People have been port-begging for this game for years and now the company itself is asking folks to port beg. What in the absolute fuck is with this company?

Oct 26, 2017
The funny thing is that they don't even have to work on the port.
Just let SEGA Europe handle it like they did with Catherine Classic, they are not even able to say: "Yes you guys can port it on other platforms".

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Demand isn't a problem. I think it's clear enough from sales data and demand online that Persona 5 will sell well on other platforms too. It's not a lack of staff either. It's a conscious decision.