• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which next-gen console/system do you want the most?

• Nintendo

• Google

• Microsoft

• Sony

Results are only viewable after voting.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Over the weekend, IGN ran a poll to see which next generation console readers would like to see the most, out of four options – Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and Google.
The poll ran for three full days: Friday at noon through Monday at noon, and received over 40,000 votes.
The winner was Sony, taking over half of the votes at 52.8%, Microsoft coming in second place at 28.5%, Nintendo in third at 14.2%, and Google with only a sliver of the votes at 4.4%.

screen_shot_2019-06-03_at_12.24.56_pm-720x170.png

With this poll being run ahead of E3 it will be interesting how much the results will change by the appearances of Microsoft, Nintendo and Google at E3, but not Sony, if they should run the poll again next week. Let's have an Era vote as well!

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Hardly a surprise given Sony's track record this gen. People expect to get stellar hardware and amazing games on the PS5. And Sony showed time after time that it can more than deliver on the later one.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This poll really should be limited to just PlayStation and Xbox - it doesn't make sense to have Nintendo and Google, seeing how one just released their "next-gen" console 2 years ago and the other isn't in the console business...

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense, PS4 users will want their library to follow them into next-gen, no point in switching.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kinda makes sense since the PS4 Pro was a half measure. Fans have been looking forward to a real nextgen push since the OG PS4.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is more a Xbox vs Playstation thing though, as Nintendo just released the Switch two years ago.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
The platform with the highest number of consistently good to masterpiece games this gen is the most wanted console in the next gen?

td46wxY.gif

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Improved BC on ps5 is one of it's biggest advantages. By November 2020 ,115 million users will be looking forward to ps5

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Honestly, all I want out of these next-gen systems is proper backwards compatibility (especially from Sony).

They tried to put in the extra effort of adding trophies to PS2 games and all sorts, no one needs that. I wish I could pop my favourite PS2 games into my PS4 and have em run. I know its a lot to ask since it's a shite ton of work to get emulators running but Microsoft have smashed it with their implementation of backwards compatibility.

Thankfully, I'll always have emulators on PC and if not then I can just run em from my modified PS2. To sum this up, I basically want a 4K capable PS2 which I guess isn't really a pressing issue.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kinda makes sense since the PS4 Pro was a half measure. Fans have been looking forward to a real nextgen push since the OG PS4.
Oh look at you being offended and wanting to throw venom around haha how surprising

OT: for me after ps3 , I m on board with Sony consoles until they keep catering to my taste

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It would be Nintendo, but the Switch is too young to be replaced already so that's not really a viable answer. Sony it is.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Doesn't surprise me, Sony's software output + their ability to take advantage of it is top notch. Who doesn't want to play HZD2, GoW 2 and the next ND game on next gen hardware?

Not including the inevitable patches for current gen games at 60 fps (TLOU 2 etc)

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
With xbox games being all on PC, I can focus towards future Playstation offerings and possibly Nintendo.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
The IGN vote or the Era vote? I think both.
Lol, I didn't even notice the Era poll. I was talking about IGN. IGN is definitely more popular in the US than abroad and also has international sites for virtually every country, so I guess the poll, which probably was only available on the US site, was severely biased towards Americans.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expected.

I also only have a PS4 this gen and will only buy a PS5 next gen. The other consoles have amazing games too, of course, but I can't even keep up with all the games I want to play on one console anymore.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This post is a half measure of logic. The hell it has to do with the premium console such stuff if not ignite an useless console war. Following this logic MS should have put in the shame Sony sales at least in the npd but something tell me neither beaten the Pro sales with their new console.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Voted xbox. If Nintendo actually had a next gen system on the horizon it would be a no brainer for me but putting Nintendo up there is kind of weird when the switch is still very early mid gen. So after that, out of the realistic known quantities, I'll grab an xbox first.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The most? Nintendo. It's traditionally my go to console for gaming. I have a PC for powerhouse gaming. Sony/MS consoles depend on what games they have not what specs they are. Nothing tickled my fancy last gen(PS4/XB1), maybe something will this gen.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Shocker, system with more than double the users of its closest rival currently leads most wanted next-gen console survey.

TBH though I expect that to change once both manufacturers start to publicise their plans for their next machines. MS have been saying the right things over the past few years so hopefully the reveal of the Xbox Whatever will see those moves bear fruit.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't really expect Nintendo to be included in the poll and I'm not sure why they are now knowing that they are. Not that it matters much since PS is so far ahead.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This post is a half measure of logic. The hell it has to do with the premium console such stuff if not ignite an useless console war. Following this logic MS should put in the shame Sony at least in the npd but something tell me neither beaten the Pro sales with the X.
Well, people want a solid upgrade from their base system and Pro was not that much of an upgrade. Stands to reason when people were asked, they want a Sony nextgen system more than the rest.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the most anticipated unannounced games are gonna come on the PS5 so yah. I voted Sony.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Last gen I was Xbox with some PC, this gen I'm Playstation with some Nintendo. I'll play anywhere -- though with the "digital boom" the last 5-6 years, my investment in the Sony's ecosystem(200+ games) makes their next console my de facto first choice.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
1st party games not being available on PC makes PS5 the obvious choice for many who own a gaming PC like me.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
If Knack 3 is a launch title I will get it for the Lulz.

I think because MS hasn't revealed anything that isn't helping them in the poll and Nintendo Switch is still too fresh to upgrade.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whichever one has the best games. Sony has a good reputation for having lots of good games, so they're the one I'm anticipating the most.