• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hirok2099

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rogue One was the only star wars movie I actually liked.
I can appreciate the Original trilogy even tho I didn't actually enjoy it.
The rest are just bad to ok films with a couple of good moments sprinkled here and there.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I think after seeing Rogue One a couple times I like it even more than I did initially. The battle in the third act is maybe my favorite segment of any Star Wars movie.

Oct 26, 2017
I did enjoy Rogue one quite a lot, there where some lows and stuff that rubbed me the wrong way, but I do enjoy that film.

I also found a video that really defined why TLJ is a horrible film in so many ways. I have actually never agreed more on a video than i do with this mans take on TLJ. Enjoy!
EDIT: seems this guy is an idiot so video deleted.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I also found a video that really defined why TLJ is a horrible film in so many ways. I have actually never agreed more on a video than i do with this mans take on TLJ. Enjoy!

Dear god I saw 5 minutes of this video and I can't anymore because the dude is insanely annoying.He starts the video complaining about imaginary people complaining why this video took so long to be released. He even "jokes" about bullied small kids in school.
Then he starts talking that SNOKE goes nohwere.
Like dude have you watched star wars? There are a bazilluion of characters that just appear and receive even less backstory than snoke. Like Jabba the Hut or Boba Fett. It is NOT ABOUT HIM

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone please watch this 14 hour youtube video I found that proves why the feminist agenda in TLJ ruins Star Wars.

Last edited:

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Rogue One was the only star wars movie I actually liked.
I can appreciate the Original trilogy even tho I didn't actually enjoy it.
The rest are just bad to ok films with a couple of good moments sprinkled here and there.
You see, that makes sense because Rogue One is almost the opposite of what a Star Wars movie is. I saw many people who don't like SW loving Rogue One.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I did enjoy Rogue one quite a lot, there where some lows and stuff that rubbed me the wrong way, but I do enjoy that film.

I've always been wary about that video due to the Laura Dern's character being the thumbnail and never watched it, when her character/plot point isn't even in the top 10 mistakes of that movie. But since you've recommended it I gave it a go.

THEN he takes about 5 minutes to completely misunderstand the point of her "secret" plan and Poe being a dumbass (EVEN THOUGH IT IS EXPLICITLY POINTED OUT LATER IN THE MOVIE BY LEIA) and blame it on inserted gender politics. What a dumbass. Thank you for wasting 15 minutes of my time.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to agree. Thought it was just ok after the first viewing, but have really grown to love it after subsequent watches. Could have used more character development. First time through it was hard to distinguish or care about the lot of them. Reading the prequel book Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel does help flesh out the story more. That third act of the movie is fire. One of the best Star Wars space battles ever.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always been wary about that video due to the Laura Dern's character being the thumbnail and never watched it, when her character/plot point isn't even in the top 10 mistakes of that movie. But since you've recommended it I gave it a go.

THEN he takes about 5 minutes to completely misunderstand the point of her "secret" plan and Poe being a dumbass (EVEN THOUGH IT IS EXPLICITLY POINTED OUT LATER IN THE MOVIE BY LEIA) and blame it on inserted gender politics. What a dumbass. Thank you for wasting 15 minutes of my time.
Just take a quick glance of his video history. It's endless videos praising Trump, attacking "woke media", railing against feminists, and rants about how ugly Kelly Marie Tran is.

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats on posting a video that openly engages in alt-right anti-feminist talking points.

calm down, the dude has valid points about the films scenes, it has nothing to do with Anti feminist and alt right stuff.

I have not watched any other videos from this dude, but I do agree with him on most things in that video about how they ruined the new star wars trilogy. JJ should have made the story clear in the first film so Rian couldnt have gotten away with butchering it so badly.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
calm down, the dude has valid points about the films scenes, it has nothing to do with Anti feminist and alt right stuff.
Are you being fucking serious right now? He goes on anti-feminist rants in the video!

Have you even looked at this guys video history?
QyyAHmv.png

It's endless pro-MAGA alt-right bullshit. He has a video ranting about how ugly Kelly Marie Tran is! Get this alt-right bullshit off this forum dude.

Oct 26, 2017
FantasticTrout we all really appreciate you sharing your video that rants about how awful feminism is and how SJW's are ruining Star Wars.

I mean clearly the youtuber behind videos such as:

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

He goes on anti-feminist rants in the video!!

Have you even looked at this guys video history?
QyyAHmv.png

It's endless pro-MAGA alt-right bullshit.
Get this alt-right bullshit off this forum dude.

i have not watched his other videos, this one just came up as i searched the star wars on youtube. I can take the video down if you guys are sensative but the dude does offer great insight into this films flaws anyway.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Rogue one is definitely my favorite of the new movies, and had the best space battle. Vader was used perfectly and killing off all the characters was a welcome change from the usual formula.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i have not watched his other videos, this one just came up as i searched the star wars on youtube. I can take the video down if you guys are sensative but the dude does offer great insight into this films flaws anyway.
You don't even need to see his other videos. His alt-right anti-SJW nonsense is all over the video you posted. Your take away from a video full of anti-feminist nonsense should not be that he has "great insight".

This dude is an alt-right pro-Trump con artist.
KLKdq6g.png

Oct 26, 2017
He attacks women and pushes anti-SJW bullshit in this video. How the hell is your take away that he has "great insight"?

This dude is an alt-right pro-Trump con artist.
KLKdq6g.png

his point about the flaws in TLJ is valid, i agree with him about all the bad scenes and stupid plot points. Rian should never have been allowed to do what he wants. Disney is to blame and so is JJ for not clearing shit up in the first one.

I have not watched this idiots other videos so i have no idea what he posts. video deleted anyway dont want to spread anything bad on here.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
his point about the flaws in TLJ is valid, i agree with him about all the bad scenes and stupid plot points. Rian should never have been allowed to do what he wants. Disney is to blame and so is JJ for not clearing shit up in the first one.
He also pushes anti-feminist nonsense in his rantings about Holdo in this video. His anti-SJW dog whistles are very very obvious in the TLJ video you posted. No need to watch his blatantly pro-Trump rant videos.

Soon as he veered into his anti-feminist dog-whistling when talking about Holdo it should have been a major red flag.

It is honestly unnerving you could watch that entire video and not notice the blatant anti-feminist dog whistles all over it.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I enjoyed Rouge One a great deal. The leads were somewhat dull but the side heroes were interesting enough to carry them, plus that final act was the most Star Wars-y thing I've seen since the OT. Vader fanservice and the way it sequed almost seamlessly into ANH was just the cherry on top.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Rogue One looked stunning and had the best depiction of war in Star Wars but as someone who likes Star Wars for the colorful characters and exciting worlds it really failed to deliver. Bunch of places we've seen before in Star Wars (though to be fair this is a huge problem with all the new Star Wars films except maybe The Last Jedi) and I legitimately can't remember a single new character in Rogue One outside of the lead and a bunch of other characters who's motivations were barely ever touched on. It felt like a 2 hour Star Wars video game cutscene, I still enjoyed the scope of it and watching it in theaters but it was such an empty film.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

What do you have to say about the points mentioned here being total bullshit, like Snoke and Holdo?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, makes sense. I'd rank it Rogue One > TFA > TLJ and I haven't seen Solo so it goes at the end.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you have to say about the points mentioned here being total bullshit, like Snoke and Holdo?
The fact he keeps saying he makes 'good points" when the video's criticism against Holdo is full of sexist nonsense is uh, certainly something.

If you see a video full of alt-right sexist ranting and your take away is "hmmm he made some good points"....I don't know what to say.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Rogue One is indeed fine. I pretty much agree with that ranking. RotS is easily more entertaining than both TFA and TLJ as well

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I think of Rogue One, I picture Halo Reach in my mind's eye for some reason.
Probably because it's about a ragtag group of 6 space dudes going on a suicide mission to deliver some space software to the leader of a military force, and both end where the first entry in their respective series begin, with the leader jumping to lightspeed/slipspace to escape the enemy

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Posting a misogynistic video and sexist rhetoric over a series of posts, history of severe infractions
He also pushes anti-feminist nonsense in his rantings about Holdo in this video .His anti-SJW dog whistles are very very obvious in the TLJ video you posted. No need to watch his blatantly pro-Trump rant videos.

Soon as he veered into his anti-feminist dog-whistling when talking about Holdo it should have been a major red flag.

Well i didnt like the Holdo character at all, it felt just off, same with Rose. Loved Rei, very good written character, the others just felt placed there for sake of having a "strong female" that gives orders and acting all bossy for the sake of it.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue One is the only one that takes a real risk so yeah obviously it's not an incredible movie (I really dislike the shoehorned fan service at the end) but it's going to beat a less interesting rehash of OT

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
It's really interesting that so many people who pick the best Star Wars movie pick the one with the least character development and the most fanservice to previous Star Wars.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well i didnt like the Holdo character at all, it felt just off, same with Rose. Loved Rei, very good written character, the others just felt placed there for sake of having a "strong female" that gives orders and acting all bossy for the sake of it.
Oh so you also push his same anti-feminist bullshit about the movie having "strong female"? Jesus Christ, no wonder you liked his video.

Think for a second why you think a movie is forcing "strong females" is a problem when no one ever complains about a movie having strong male leads?

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You said they are only there for the sake of having "strong females". That is blatant sexist bullshit and you know it.
Both of you need to calm down lol. Its just a movie. While its not very good imo theres no neex to lash out at others who shares different opinion than you whatever they maybe. If you don't like what he/she is posting report a mod and put them on ignore imo.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both of you need to calm down lol. Its just a movie. While its not very good imo theres no neex to lash out at others who shares different opinion than you whatever they maybe. If you don't like what he/she is posting report a mod and put them on ignore imo.
Claiming a movie is forcing "strong females" for the sake of it is not just a different opinion. It's sexist. Full stop.

And they posted a video that *DIRECTLY* attacked feminism and they continue to defend it as making "good points".

This is not about whether they like the movie or not, it's that they are directly defending anti-feminist attack videos and is now directly pushing anti-feminist nonsense themself.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Claiming a movie is forcing "strong females" for the sake of it is not just a different opinion.

It's sexist. Full stop. And he posted a video that *DIRECTLY* attacked feminism and he continues to defend it as making "good points".

This is not about whether he likes the movie or not, it's that he is directly defending anti-feminist attacks and is now directly pushing anti-feminist nonsense himself.
I dont think he ever said anything to what you claim. You are assuming. He/she was nice enough to even remove the video when you asked. Just calm down and if you still dont like what this person is saying ask a mod to review their post. Let them decide rather than being rude to fellow era members.