• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
User Warned: Duplicating a previously locked thread

> At first IGN tried to rig the poll by adding Death Stranding after 7000 votes were already cast, without allowing people to change their votes. After that did not work and Death Stranding still reached the first place, they begged people to stop voting for Death Stranding and mocked those who did:

5pum6jS.png

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
well I'm sure putting this is not offsite drama in the title will help despite, ya know, being offsite drama

tenor.gif

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Making this thread right after the other one got locked probably isn't a good idea lol.

The "this is NOT offsite drama" made me chuckle though, not gonna lie. Thanks OP.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Crazy to me that the other thread got locked. Being critical about the biggest *gaming* news outlet is now off-site drama on a *video game* forum?

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
To be fair the discussion had run its course in the other thread and people were already repeating arguments.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Since when do offsite happenings get locked? I always read about other sites on era.

llLeonhart

Oct 21, 2019
Wow. After finishing it I can absolutely say it's my game of the year, IGN is being really weird about this huh?.

OP
OP
Much

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I mean, I posted because I don't see it as offsite drama. This is one of gaming's biggest gaming outlets. It's at least up for discussion, no?

I'm simply sparking a discussion, or reopening a discussion about a controversy regarding one of gaming's biggest media outlets.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
dude you were the one that was getting angry in another thread because someone didn't list DS in their top 10 or something and now making this one, just relax

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is going to be closed, but IGN obviously didn't rig the poll against Death Stranding by adding it later.

The other thread was just people from both sides throwing conjecture and speculation at each other.

Sceptre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I respect IGN more for this.
but it was a mistake for adding the game as an option. The game is factually shit

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Off-site drama is a weird one because almost everything could fall under that umbrella.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow. After finishing it I can absolutely say it's my game of the year, IGN is being really weird about this huh?.
Not as weird as people thinking they purposefully rigged a stupid online poll, didn't finish the game (even though Sony mandated people do) or start a campaogn to mass vote for a game because they feel it's treated unfairly.

Death Stranding stans are no better than people getting upset at 7.0 Zelda reviews or Uncharted not getting a perfect score.
It's just hilarious to see so many lacking any self awareness about it.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Drama based around off-site forums and moderator comments is against the TOS here. However, as gaming media, IGN's own decisions are of course open for criticism. If the thread re-framed around IGN's actions rather than it's forum and a single comment from moderator were to be created, that would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.