• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if news. My brother got tickets to the IGN Awards show in Sydney, Australia and apparently got an email listing what games will be there:

We will have a list of 2018 as yet unreleased games available for you to play, including:

• Detroit: Become Human
  • Far Cry 5
  • Ni No Kuni 2
  • Swords of Ditto
  • Minit
  • I Hate Running Backwards
  • + one unnamed Nintendo game!

Not sure if this is something new/unannounced or if they just don't know what game it is yet, or just the title of the unnamed Yoshi/Octopath Traveler but the ! is promising.

This is happening tonight in Aussie time, starts at 6:30pm (5 hours from this post)

OP
OP
Larrikin

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Added time to the OP. 6:30pm AEDT is when the event starts but there isn't much more information than that.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It could be an announced game but I don't think it's Kirby.

Nintendo's been advertising it a lot lately and sites have been previewing it a lot, they would just name it if it was that.

OP
OP
Larrikin

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby or Yoshi was my first thought as well... but why on earth would they keep Kirby a secret? That's what I don't get. I hope it's something new, even if it's a small thing.

OP
OP
Larrikin

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
But on the flip side.... it's almost certainly the announcement of the new Pokemon games with an Australia-inspired region, hence this style of announcement.

Unnamed isn't necessarily unannounced, so people should certainly keep expectations in check.
My bro initially texted me "unannounced ninty game at awards tonight" and I got hyped, before getting the email and seeing it said "unnamed". Made sure for exact wording in title.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't consider Kirby to be unnamed per se, so I would go with Yoshi. I don't think there are any other candidates.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah, I'm not knocking Tropical Freeze's quality at all. But I don't think that's what people were hoping for re: VGX reveal :P
It wasn't actually the whole game, that would've been actually pretty good.

The reveal was literally just Cranky being playable. TF had already been revealed at E3

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
But on the flip side.... it's almost certainly the announcement of the new Pokemon games with an Australia-inspired region, hence this style of announcement.

My bro initially texted me "unannounced ninty game at awards tonight" and I got hyped, before getting the email and seeing it said "unnamed". Made sure for exact wording in title.
A Pokemon game set in the outback would actually be pretty sick.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It could be Yoshi, I remember how that insider had specualated there was a February Direct because something about Yoshi was supposed to get revealed this month

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
My favorite thing to see every time I go to Seattle is I drive over to Redmond to see the changing of the cart at the tomb of the unknown Nintendo game

Status
Not open for further replies.